OT. Army Standards Lowered

The Army is lowering its physical test standards since too many women were failing.

.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I am reminded of many years ago the height and weight standards for the Delaware state police of minimum height of 5'10" and 170 lbs.

I recalled guys trying to stretch themselves in the morning to pass the height requirement.

City and other police agencies did not have these requirements and I recall the two city police chiefs I knew as being shorter.

Now I see these are changed considerably not just to allow women joining but men too:

Funny story at Delaware Memorial Bridge where I worked as a toll collector summers, we had a bridge cop that was maybe 5'5". He chased down a speeder one night into a nearby development where speeder lived and speeder got out of the car. He was a professional wrestler and huge and quite a shock to the small cop.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Just last night I was watching a show about modern military technology.

Once they get the exoskeleton stuff and Third Arm ready for mass distribution, the standards might go even lower, but that will be OK.

Some examples.

SuitX Exoskeleton:

Third Arm:

Marilyn Manson

One of the reasons cops these days need to resort to force to detain/control a suspect/perp is that the physical standards have been lowered for cops.

Some 5-7, 130 pound guy or 5-2, 100 pound woman don't offer a commanding, authoritative presence when dealing with others. So people are less likely to obey/toe the mark when ordered to and thus the cops needs to resort to the threat or use of force to control the situation.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

That is a good point. I do recall an incident with another bridge cop when I was on a break during grave yard shift bringing in a perp that had taken a punch at him. The cop got the better of him and bloodied him up but he was a animal that needed restraint and cop was tough enough to do it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Watch much anime?

Reply to