Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about plumbing
Last night I ran the water for my bath, but when I tried to turn it off, the cold water turned off just like normal, but the hot water valve wouldn't turn off all the way. We ended up having to turn...
33
33

Solid wood filler?
I have a yard gate that is causing me problems. Its 'hinges' are two large diameter (3/4"?) 'L' shaped bolts that screw into 2 x 4s. The gate has 'brackets' that fit over the vertical part of the 'L'...
9
9

Inside Plenum insulation
I bought a brand new Rheem AC evaporator which includes the plenum with my new gas furnace in 2010. It is double walled and has about an inch of fiberglass insulation between the two walls. Is that...
4
4

Furnace not coming on with programmable thermostat
The temperature in my house is 70 degrees. On the thermostat: the HEAT-OFF-COOL switch is on the "HEAT" position the FAN switch is on the "AUTO" position The thermostat's "heat" setpoint is 82 degrees...
54
54

Should we tile under the water heater? If not, will a drip pan be ok sitting on subfloor?
Our laundry room is currently carpeted. We're having the carpet removed and plan to tile (or vinyl) the entire room. Does the water heater need to be removed/replaced so the flooring can go below it?...
2
2

Decking Material
I have a small deck (10 by 12) that is going to be up for 2-5 years. I've priced composite decking, and even 2 by 6, but they are "costly", and the 2 by 6 is poor quality. I was wondering about 4 by 8...
11
11

Microwave Temp Cutouts: KSD201 vs KSD301 ??
My second GE Sensor Microwave oven just bit the big one. This time, I had enough sense to check the fuses and thermostats. Sure enough, found something at the top inside the case called a...
6
6

OT - Super Bowl tickets
A friend of mine has two tickets for the 2017 Super Bowl, both box seats. He paid $1,700 for each ticket He didn't realize when he bought them that this was going to be on the same day as his wedding...
2
2

OT: How do(es) Amazon (and USPS) do it?
I have just started a (30-day trial) Amazon Prime subscription and ordered some items on Saturday with free 2-day shipping. The package was delivered today (as promised) by USPS. BUT today is a...
15
15

Planning for large screen tv wall mount
Put the box in the center. They have boxes that are made for this, you can find them at HD, etc. It's a larger, recessed box that has a receptacle and openings for cable TV, video cables, etc. so you...
14
14

Main Cleanout(s)
it is blocked between 2 and the tie in between 1 and 2 that heads out to the street. Clean it at your cleanout at 2. You can try a bladder device before you go for the more expensive and labor...
3
3

Lowes french door threshold help
: ears ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before instal lation, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sil l screws have seized and wont come out....
3
3

Fiberglass exposure safety question, help please?
Hey guys, a quick question here. I've been looking to set up a workspace in my basement due to limited room (not a workshop, I work a desk job), and when I was setting up a space I noticed that there...
3
3

ping Maggie: Rapunzel tomatoes
Hi Maggie, Your description of cherry tomatoes on another thread sounded very familiar. My sweet 100 stop producing and get all weird come the hot weather. Your Rapunzel hybrids should perfect for me....
14
14

Removing Rust From Automotive Tools
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:49:14 -0800, Oren wrote in Just noticed that Danny D hasn't been around in a while. Anyone know what happened to him?
27
27