Subject Author Posted Replies

Contract for bamboo removal
Doesn't sound like the kind of contractor I'd hire or contract I'd enter into. If this is a typical residential deal, you'd think the contractor you're hiring does the work and isn't subbing it out....
5
5

"Peritelevision" = SCART?
The original version likely had characters with accent marks (=AmE "flyspecks") that are not permitted by the basic standard for URL formation....r
17
17

Cleaning cloudiness off sunglass lens rears
Something strange that it takes hours for cloudiness to come back. I have regular glasses with anti-reflective coating and they seem to need cleaning more often but these are sun glasses and would not...
11
11

Seeking advice for refinishing a wood floor....
Per other's advice, hire a pro. If you've never used a floor sander, I wouldn't try it now on something you want done properly. No way you'll match with spot sanding or bleaching. It's best to do the...
4
4

Ice Maker Problem
On Thu 03 Aug 2017 04:50:08a, Wayne Boatwright told us... Thanks to all who posted! All good tips for sorting this out. One thing I do know for sure is that the refrigerator is sitting perfectly...
7
7

OT. Solid state relay switching others
I use SSRs a lot. You do need a little bit of a resistive load to make them turn off reliably but 15w of incandescent light seems to work OK. Typically they look like a 1000 ohm resistor so at 5v they...
15
15

Burning particle board waste for heating
Re burning particle board in wood heate/stove: --reading earlier forums, one or two posts approached the hazard issue constructively. We know that urea formaldahyde, phenolic binding resin is used in...
2
2

A real, serious plumbing problem! advice -- legal.
Oren posted for all of us... I have now read all the replies and still feel for you... I would go in through the wall, that way you have access to all the plumbing; controls, support, valves, drains....
3
3

Exterior Stain or Paint?
Yes, and even though we are quite close to the Pacific ocean, we have very few problems with rust. UV rays are becoming more and more of a problem however, so wood is becoming less and less desireable...
8
8

Falling through plasterboard
> Frank"
9
9

Seattle lacks AC
Only a third of the housing units in Seattle have ac. I wonder and yet it was you that immediately went to guns
5
5

Sticky Garden Hose (2023 Update)
Not sure if you are asking a question. I buy 3/4" x 100ft goodyear rubber hoses.
15
15

Ammonia vs TSP , before painting garage floor
I think there is 'real' TSP and the one that leaves out the phosphate. The 'real' TSP may not evenbe sold in some areas.
2
2

PING: Danny D.
Danny, How did that suspended aerial walkway between trees, that you were working on a few years ago, turn out? The reason I ask is that a friend is planning something similar.

empty/partially-empty cans of Ginger Ale
Bob, I forgot to add, as with all of the "issues" you post in the group, I for one, would appreciate if you would follow up with the resolution to each one. It is somewhat less than satisfying trying...
2
2