Ammonia vs TSP , before painting garage floor

The Concrete floor in my converted garage has no real oil spots, but many y ears of mystery-stains (paint etc)

I?ve got the Concrete Paint and the Concrete Floor Primer but I can not use the recommended Concrete etch (muriatic acid, hydrocloric acid, etc . products) because it?s impossible to protect the building structu re from that acid cutting the base of the walls and the anchor bolts.

What should I use? I?m thinking ammonia. It will be VERY hard to ri nse TSP from a 24 foot square area with sufficient water.

Reply to
toddfboyle

I'd be a bit concerned about ammonia fumes in a building. Spreading enough around to clean can be nasty.

Ammonia is corrosive. ... Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air causes immediate burning of the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract and can result in blindness, lung damage or death. Inhalation of lower concentrations can cause coughing, and nose and throat irritation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think there is 'real' TSP and the one that leaves out the phosphate. The 'real' TSP may not evenbe sold in some areas.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery