A real, serious plumbing problem! advice -- legal.

Discovered today from my plumber. I was stunned. My mind, and my bride's mind is spinning where to start for recovery of bad plumbing. It has to be fixed. regardless.

Single story, concrete foundation. Parts are missing from drain plumbing so water drains directly to soil under the foundation (cooties).

House it 20 years old, I bought as second owner.

The rubber gasket and tub shoe is not present so water drains directly to ground soil. The tub has a "tub basket", even has plumbers putty on it. Just pull the drain out, look and water under the tub. I was stunned.

Sample pic:

Were would you start to rectify the problem.

Reply to
Oren

Oren posted for all of us...

I have now read all the replies and still feel for you...

I would go in through the wall, that way you have access to all the plumbing; controls, support, valves, drains. It would be a lot of digging and hand work. A plumbers dream or nightmare. I think the slab method would have to get the tub removed. A lot of work. Tunneling is not my idea of a fix. Maybe your wife could ask around for ideas. IIRC she used to be in the biz.

Again, that is a drain of money and mind...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Please let us know how this all works out, both physically and legally. i.e how was the problem recitfied and who paid for it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

They knew Dr. Who

Reply to