Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Trent Franks
OT What was wrong with Trent Franks asking his staff members if they would be maternal surrogates? That is, if she would handle the pregnancy for him and his wife? All they have to do is say no....
14
14

Remember when TV used advertising for their profit?
No idea what your point is, but smart TVs that have Wi-Fi and support streaming have been out for several years and last time I looked, most of the market seems to include that now.
18
18

ELON MUSK 60 MINUTES INTERVIEW - Australia's Electricity Crisis NEW 2017
He made me cry

Tool trade in?
I thought I heard a Home Depot ad saying they will take Craftsman tools in trade. Has anyone heard the ad?
3
3

Help With Aqualift Self Clean Oven by KitchenAid/Whirlpool
I've always hated using harsh oven cleaners so aqualift cycle followed up by a wet sponge is better solution for me. That said, I also use a catch pan under what I am baking if there is any chance it...
1
1

What do you think that electrical stuff is in the background.
It looks like two transformers in series feeding a bunch of battery packs feeding lots of disconnects feeding something interesting.
4
4

How to dispose of your tools, and books, when no one you know well wants them.
My stuff is nothing special, but I sold some of my mother's solid mahagony furniture, the bedroom suite, for %50. The woman was upstairs at a party on a Saturday n ight when the host told her I was...
13
13

What do I call this pole lamp switch?
I'm guessing you need a 3-way in-cord switch : John T. https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-C20-01420-000-3-way-Switch-200-watt/dp/B003B4HX7A?tag=googcana-20 3 Way Lamp Logic - juddley The only difference...
14
14

Downloading the NEC electrical code book
You can download it here - - Click the scrollbar down once for the different download file types on the right side. https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode
4
4

TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat
On my TOTALINE P474-1035 thermostat, I've set the desired temperature at 82 ° but the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76°. A "Heat/Cool Indicator" light is located between the...
36
36

I need a free groups news reader
For a Android
3
3

SOUTHERN CAL ON FIRE AGAIN
Looks like them rich snobs of Ventura County are getting their spoiled asses handed to 'em again (lol). *Apparently Al Gore was right about climate change. (And you thought he was a dummy.) Religion...

THIS CHEESE IS AWFULLY SALTY
Some dairy foods like cottage cheese, buttermilk, and processed cheeses can be high in salt. Cheeses, especially processed cheese like American cheese, can contain up to 400 mg of sodium per ounce....
1
1

OT What costs more than 1000 and less than 20,000.
A guy on tv spent maybe $10,000 on a troublesome ex-girlfriend, and I wanted something tangible to compare that with. I'd like to say that's like buying a ----- for no good reason. But I can't think...
9
9

Sound bar for better voice quality
One word: Bose QuietComfort headphones