Help With Aqualift Self Clean Oven by KitchenAid/Whirlpool

We find that this proprietary system does not work well, as have many others (and the stoves are very expensive, i.e. $4,000 plus for a slide-in).

Obviously one has do more than one WIMPY WET WARMING, so:

Does it help to run several cycles?

What kind of scraper and plastic sponge can one use?

What kinds of cleaners are useful for the manual cleaning?

Have you any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dwight Gibb

Reply to
Dwight Gibb

I've always hated using harsh oven cleaners so aqualift cycle followed up by a wet sponge is better solution for me.

That said, I also use a catch pan under what I am baking if there is any chance it will boil over.

I also cover food (like bacon) that spatters with a sheet of parchment paper.

Reply to
Bobby Flaay