Tool trade in?

I thought I heard a Home Depot ad saying they will take Craftsman tools in trade. Has anyone heard the ad?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

  No , but the other day when I took a couple of Craftsman tape measures in for warranty replacement they gave me 2 Stanley tapes in exchange - then told me that they don't have the lifetime warranty that the Craftsman tapes had . Kinda pissed me off , but they no longer carry a tape branded Craftsman . Oh well , these may very well last the reas of my life , the pair I traded in were over 15 years old . And spent a good part of their life being used in the cabinet shop where I worked .   --   Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Yup, I had the same situation with two 30 year old sets of Craftsman-branded jeweler's screwdrivers I finally bunged-up enough to need replacement.

They gave me 2 new sets of similar ones that are now only Sears branded. No Craftsmen brand ones in the store.

New guarantee lasted until my car cleared the parking lot.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

  I discussed replacing all my worn out Phillips 'drivers , but didn't look at what they're replacing them with . Many of those screwdrivers are over 40 years old from the tool set my wife got me for Christmas when we were first married . The store here is one of the "hometown" Sears stores , not actually part of the corporate chain .   --   Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs