OT Trent Franks

OT What was wrong with Trent Franks asking his staff members if they would be maternal surrogates? That is, if she would handle the pregnancy for him and his wife?

All they have to do is say no. Surely no one would expect to be fired for saying no, any more than if he asked to borrow a million dollars. In fact since there were two of them, we can check with the first one and see if she was demoted or fired. And I've never heard of forcible surrogacy.

And while it is called "sexual reproduction", there would be nothing normally called a sex act involved.

Is this some sort of Puritan nonsense?

Reply to
micky

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 6:37:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I thought similar. I think it's a bad idea to be asking people who work for you to be a surrogate. It is bizarre and I can see it leading to all kinds of potential problems, particularly if they said yes. But on the other hand, I don't see how in the world this turns into some kind of horrific scandal that requires him to resign. It's possible there is a lot more there which we don't know about.

This whole thing is very sketchy, as to what is sexual assault, where something goes from making a pass once at someone at work, to where it really is a hostile work environment. And people who may have done something wrong at some point are now kind of bucketed together with Bill Cosby and Weinstein. When the first allegations against Franken came out, I thought what he did wasn't something that warranted his resignation. That pic of him staging for the camera, clearly pretending to grab the actress's t*ts, when he was a comedian, wasn't any kind of real assault. Yet people went after him like it was the same as what Weinstein had done. AT that point I thought it was very unfair to Franken. As more accusations came forward though, including ones that were while he was a Senator, then it evolved into something serious. Franken had a very good point in his resignation speech. How ironic it is that Franken is resigning, while Trump who bragged about his assaults on video tape is in the WH? And Moore, who has so many identical accusations against him that show a pattern of a 35 year old man at the very least chasing after teenagers, that it's impossible to believe they are all liars, is the GOP candidate for Senate in AL, supported by both Trump and the GOP? It really is a bizarre and sad new world. In effect, the Russians are winning, we're destroying ourselves from within.

Reply to
trader_4

He said that he was used to the topic and forgot that not everyone is.

And I can see that. Like a doctor who might think nothing of discussing a bursting puss-filled something with a non-medical type, even at the dinner table. So I can almost figure how one or even two employees would be flustered if he brought it up. I think they're stupid for not getting over it in an hour, or at most a day or two.

But what I don't get is the others in Congress not being able to see

You're right, but otoh, he knew them and, I presume, knew they had good health habits, and he also knew how little he was paying them, and maybe he intended to have her quit (and work somewhere else part of of the 9months) and make more money in total when you add in what he was paying.

We havent' heard if he ever did this and if he ever got a child. Wikip says he's 60 and has 2 children but no details.

A friend of a friend I met had a wife who couldn't have a child, or something like that, and they said they couldn't find a doctor to do artificial insemination, so they did it themselves, collecting the s**en and pouring it in her with a turkey baster, and it worked the first time. By the time I met them, the kid was a year or two old and all 5 were happy with the plan.

One I hadn't heard of before is that Moore tried to** pick up a 14-year old who was waiting in the courthouse while her mother was at a custody hearing.

**I didn't hear the exact verb. I don't know how much success he had.

And while there are a few 14y.o.s who look older, most look just as young as they are.

Reply to
micky

IDK how you missed that one. It was the first one that started the whole thing. The rest told similar stories, that Moore was chasing them when they were teens and he was in his 30s. Plus others who say they knew of his chasing them at the mall, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

I try to avoid gossip until it's a big story.

I knew about the age. That the mother was in the next room was what I hadn't heard.

Reply to
micky

Lafferty said she was struck by what she called the hypocrisy of Franks?s conduct: ?Offering someone five million bucks is not a discussion of surrogacy,? she said Friday. ?Trent Franks says that he?s a Christian and a conservative. I?m a Christian and conservative. What he did offends me. It?s not Christian, and it?s not conservative.?

Franks, 60, said in his statement that he and his wife have long struggled with infertility. After having twins with a surrogate, the couple sought additional children, he said.

She seems to know exactly what is Christian and what isn't. I wonder h ow she knows that.

?Offering someone five million bucks is not a discussion of surrogacy,? Then what is it?

Reply to
micky

Gee- with all this badness of Franks and Wieners I hope they do not ban Hot Dogs! HeHe

Reply to
Mr.E

I think the story was Moore approached the two of them while they were waiting outside the courtroom and chatted them up. Then when the mother had to go inside, Moore offered to stay and sit with the 14 year old. Which is weird too, because at 14 they aren't a kid anymore and certainly could be in a courthouse by themselves.

Meanwhile the other woman with Gloria Alred blew up. She now admits that she added the last part to the yearbook writing that says the place and adds the DA. Anytime Alred shows up, I immediately want to puke. And all the tears from that 55 year old woman about Moore from 40 years ago looks fake too. It's hard to know who to believe. But with Moore there are so many women, all telling the same stories, plus other people who say they knew he was chasing teens at the mall, etc. You'd think somebody would have a pic or two by now. But maybe he was smart and careful not to have any pics taken.

Reply to
trader_4

not a

says that he?s

rvative.?

Very bizarre for sure. How stinking rich is this guy? And why pay that amount when you can get someone for a fraction of that? And if that is all there is to it, what does it say about the character of those women? They ruin him over that? It wasn't a smart idea, as has obviously just be proven, it;s weird, but it's not assault, harassment, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

Who cares. For $5million I'd have his baby. Is the offer still open? Is it all cash?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'll check.

Ah, good question. I think most of it is in bitcoins.

I thought the going price for a surrogate, the amount that goes to the woman, was up to 50,000 dollars (plus medical expenses, of course.) and that can really help someone through 2 or 3 years, but 5 million should last a lifetime.

"He offered her $5 million if she would conceive a child, that?s what she told,", so maybe he suggested she be the mother, maybe she was good-looking, or tall, of something he liked. But I'm sure that could be negotiated and he'd go get a donor egg. IIUC, those aren't hard to find.***

Still, I can see turning it down, but I can't see complaining about it. She was lucky he asked her. He could have asked everyone else first.

"Everyone knows the other's verse". That is, everyone can say what verse** in the Bible the other guy is violating, but they usually don't know which verse he himself is. **Though she doesn't say which verse this violates. "Be fruitful and muliply"? That couldn't be it.

Wikipedia doesn't say how he got his money, and that's unusual for them. The radio said he had lots.

***

Fulfill Your Family's Dreams with Egg Donor America

Get free, instant access to over 1000 donors!

Egg Donor America is a leading egg donation agency specializing in matching prospective parents with qualified and committed egg donors. Our comprehensive donor database includes access to over 1,000 egg donor candidates with standard information like physical characteristics (height, eye color, hair color) plus unique information to help you get a sense of the donor?s personality.

Welcome to our egg donor database. We look forward to helping you find an appropriate and suitable candidate. Egg Donor Search Our egg donor search will allow you to search by age, race, eye color and other criteria. Once you have logged in, you will be able to save donors for the next time you visit our site.

This is what they tell you:

1-25 (out of 220 records, because the only criterion I put in was blue eyes)

Donor ID #: nnnnnn

They even have pictures and on the first page, the first two are beautiful (remember, this is for the baby, not the father.) and one is really cute. A few are not my type,and a couple have unusually shaped faces that wouldn't be my first choice, although in practice, a lot of girls who look not-so-hot in pictures look very good in person. Even the ones I think are sort of bad-looking might look just like the rest of the parents' families,and there's a lot to be said for that.

Despite the example I picked at random, several on the first page graduated college, one has a graduate degree at 24.

One fertility clinic that does everything says "Our current cost for a complete egg donation cycle is $26,000. This includes the donor's fee of $7,000 and $400 for short term medical insurance for the donor. The cost of donor egg IVF varies greatly at different IVF centers. Some clinics charge over $30,000 without medications for a single donor cycle."

$7000, 26,000, a drop in the bucket compared to 5 mil.

Reply to
micky

It was a custody hearing, so he managed to assume the kid was nervous.

And high school football games.

Reply to
micky

I guess the real question is how it is to be done. Laboratory type implanting of a fertilized egg? Or, very likely, lets screw until I get you knocked up. We can f*ck every day until it happens.

We can skip all of that and DIY the old way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I was going to drop this but it's interesting.

Wikip says "In 1984, while working as an engineer for an oil and gas royalty-purchasing firm, he began his political career by running for a seat in the Arizona House of Representatives," and that's all it says about money

I was half-asleep when the radio said something about how much money he had, but this page

says in 2009, a year after his first 2 kids were born, he was worth 12 million, and by 2010, 34 million. That's a lot, but $5 million is still a big part of it.

Reply to
micky

I understand turkey basters are popular with the Marty has two mommies crowd. Unless his wife is altogether infertile, I would assume it would be implantation of her fertilized eggs rather than merely creating a bastard.

Reply to
rbowman