Subject Author Posted Replies

Brain-eating amoeba found in Louisiana drinking water again
Nothing for you to worry about, B.
2
2

OT: Bernie Madoff, Just heard on the radio
I don't think any investor thought it was a scam either. Many were told my friends how much money they were making, They just thought he was an investment wizard, who could predict accurately what...
7
7

Cut Tub Surround for Shower Valve Repair?
Alas, my bathtub backs up against my shower. When I first moved in when someone took a shower in the bathtub, it dripped down into the dining room. Several of my neighbors with houses built by the...
12
12

Tankless natural gas water heater
Big factor for me is with a tank you have hot water during power outages that lasts at least a day, if you use it reasonably. You could even take a couple of very quick showers if necessary. And with...
13
13

nordyne m1mc 056a bw furnace
blowing transformers when i turn on ac. replaced the control board ,thermostat and wire what could be the problem
1
1

Chopping Down Own Trees Nets L.I. Man $22,500 In Village Fines
NE shithole Chopping Down Own Trees Nets L.I. Man $22,500 In Village Fines The homeowner says the trees were a danger to his family and property, but local officials say he didn't go through proper...
2
2

tick that survived a New Jersey winter
It probably rode on the backside of an illegal alien.
1
1

Do they make paint stirrers for 5 gallon buckets?
The stirrer may be bigger but it's still meant for paint (and a "variety" of other materials) You don't? What a fuddy duddy! I have no experience with this, but would warming the buckets 20 or 30...
9
9

OT: Budget deficit widens 23% Oct through May, 66% larger in May alone
U.S. Budget Deficit Widens 23% October Through May on Weak Revenue Growth Federal budget deficit was $146.80 billion in May, 66% wider than same mont h a year earlier By Sarah Chaney Updated June 12,...
9
9

Cannot Remove Shower Valve Seat
The seat is the type that takes the square end wrench. Said wrench is L-shaped. I stripped the side the wrench fits into. An easy-out screw extractor seems to get a good grip, but I am afraid of doing...

any way to replace keyless drill chuck with a keyed one?
I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.
6
6

Murray Lawnmower / B&S Engine Help Needed
I am trying to get a friends lawnmower working again. The claim is that it just stopped running, but I don't really believe that story. The engine is a B&S 300E, 125CC, 45 ft-lbs torque. I pulled the...
9
9

Fridge size
Have a space for a new fridge that measures just under 36" wide. Most new fridges are 35.75" wide but I am wondering if it is a risk to buy one that size and find out it just won't fit
4
4

Junk *British* Aircraft Engines
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Rolls-Royce said a costly compressor problem that had grounded Boeing planes had now been found in a different type of engine, compounding pressures on a group that is due...
3
3

Dishwasher wiring
I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher Model GLD2250RDB2 I bought a new detergent dispenser -- The dishwasher has 2 wires to the dispenser (one is a red+yellow wire; the other is a white wire) and the...
7
7