any way to replace keyless drill chuck with a keyed one?

I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.
On 6/12/2018 4:39 PM, JBI wrote:

Yes .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

L H T ...
left hand thread
On 6/12/2018 5:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Is that the chuck or the lock screw inside ? Hint : lock an allen wrench in the chuck (after removing the lock screw inside) and whack it with a mallet to break it loose . If the screw is LHT , the chuck will be RHT , and vice versa .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

yep - you're right - small screw is LHT - actual chuck screw is RHT - thanks. I just re-read the manual for my brand new $ 50. hammer drill 1/2 " 6 amp corded 50 piece accessory kit included ; 3 year warranty ; Canadian dollars even .. ... I know I know but I'll probably use it about once per year or so ... John T.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Power+Drill+Chuck+Replacement/75418
John T.
On 06/12/2018 03:39 PM, JBI wrote:

Yes. The question you should be asking is if you can buy a keyed chuck cheaper than another cheap Walmart drill that already has one.