Junk *British* Aircraft Engines

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/rolls-royce-preparing-to-cut-thousands-of-jobs-says-engine-problem-has-spread
LONDON (Reuters) -
Britain's Rolls-Royce said a costly compressor problem that had grounded Boeing planes had now been found in a different type of engine, compounding pressures on a group that is due to cut more than 4,000 jobs this week.
Britain's best known engineering company has been hit by a problem with a compressor in the Trent 1000 package C engine that is not lasting as long as expected, grounding planes, forcing inspections and angering airline clients.
The engine powers Boeing's 787 Dreamliner jet.
On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 3:52:44 PM UTC-4, Rolls Junk wrote:

At least they are not blowing up and killing people like the one from GE a couple months ago.
On 6/11/2018 7:50 PM, trader_4 wrote:

It was a female pilot.  The "check engine soon" light came on while the aircraft was climbing to altitude.  We all know what females do when they see the "check engine soon" light.  There's a reason they call it a cock-pit.
On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 9:04:20 PM UTC-4, Al Timiter wrote:

ands-of-jobs-says-engine-problem-has-spread

ed Boeing planes had now been found in a different type of engine, compound ing pressures on a group that is due to cut more than 4,000 jobs this week.

h a compressor in the Trent 1000 package C engine that is not lasting as lo ng as expected, grounding planes, forcing inspections and angering airline clients.

the aircraft was climbing to altitude.  We all know what females do wh en they see the "check engine soon" light.  There's a reason they call it a cock-pit.
Maybe you're on to something there fellah. In the good old days we had anot her man there just to watch all the lights and gauges too.