Kohler engines impressive support...

Had a problem with my riding mower yesterday. The mower is a Deere 210 with a 10 HP (real HP, not today's bogus HP) Kohler engine. It's also 32 years old. I looked on the Kohler engines site for any manuals and only found ones for the much newer engines.

Not expecting much, I sent an email to them from the "contact us" page on their site, with the info on the engine and inquiring about manuals. This morning I received an email with links to PDFs of the complete owner / operator manual, service manual and to the parts department.

Very impressive getting that level of support on a 32 year old product. I've dealt with a few companies that didn't want to know about 2 year old products, much less 32 year old ones.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Pete, I've got most of the Kohler manuals on my web site;

I have probably 20 of those Kohlers if you need any parts.

--Andy Asberry--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

I don't seem to need any parts yet. When I got back to working on it, I cleaned and checked the plug and drained the carb bowl and that got it going. Probably a bit of water in the fuel, not much of a surprise given all the rain and humidity lately and the mower having been parked under cover but where it got some sun during the day causing thermal cycling.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

One reason might be that it's a family owned and operated business. The third generation is now in charge and the CEO is in his 60s.

Reply to
John Gilmer