Hunter Ceiing Fan Junk

I recently purchased the Hunter Ceiling Fan model that flush mounts to the ceiling. What a piece of junk. There was absolutely no way that you could secure the motor such that it wouldn't rock in the mount. Just hangs in a slot. I returned it to Home deopt and got a Hampton Bay. The Hamton Bay was (1) Less Money than the Hunter (2) Easier to install (3) Looks better (4) Secure and doesn't rock or sway

I am really dissapointed in Hunter Fans. I have one in my porch that I installed 15 years ago and it is great. Aparently Hunter must have a design engineer who is looking to cut corners to save money. They will go out of business if they keep this up.

mstrspy

I have had the same experience with the new Hunter I bought. It wobbles and no matter how I try to balance it the thing is unsteady. I have checked all mechanical connections from the ceiling down and cannot do anything more. The Hampton Bay I installed at the same time is flush mount and it is noisier than the Hunter. I don't like either one of them. The two older Hunters I have are very quiet and run smoothly.

Reply to
badgolferman

Casablanca's another high quality unit, but they've got a reputation for being expensive. This begs the question "What is a normal price range for good ceiling fans?"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

bean counters must of taken over hunter, sad how they kill products and companies.

with the internet such quality and exchange of info can get spread fast with bad results for the company.

hopefully this will help overal qualty over time with all products

Reply to
hallerb

I've had exactly the opposite experience. I installed two Hunter fans that worked great and now three Hampton Bay fans that suck. The Hampton Bay fans will not balance and although they were easier to install, the click-in blades were badly scratched by the install process. The third time, I used my bench grinder to polish the top sides of the blade holders so it wouldn't scratch the fake wood grain. After careful balancing and leveling the blades vertically, they will now work on medium speed but forget high speed. Total crap.

-rev

mstrspy wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

I often wonder if some manufacturers contract work out to a different Chinese factory every 3 or 11 months, depending on who comes up with the lowest bid. It's nauseating to think of other reasons for the inconsistencies described by different people in this discussion.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You hit the nail on the head. Hampton Bay, Home Depot's brand is actually made by a number of small companies, some are excellent and some not. Hunter use to make a very heavy duty lifetime fan, but I think it just cost to much and they probably wanted to supply to a cheaper market, which made sense after their purchase of the Casablanca fan company, which sells high quality, wicked expensive fans

Reply to
RBM

My new Hunter was made by the company that puts lots of humm in them.

Terrible but not worth taking down and replacing.

Reply to
DK

I bought an el cheapo fan at Home Depot for $10. It looks great, has a light and has been running for 8 years without wobble, noise, or operation. I also have a Hunter fan (paid $80+35 for the lamp kit) for it--the parts are beefier but you really can't tell unless you look closely. The tough part is the proper installation. The Casablanca fans came with the house and they have worked for over 13 years. Maybe your fan is not balanced?

Reply to
Phisherman