Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation Problem

I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too flimsy. When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves. It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng? When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is designed to be a mushy mount.

Reply to
mstrspy

It's the most dumb assed design I've seen except for some other Hunter models. No, you can't remove the rubber bushings or the canopy screws won't line up, and without the bushings, the thing would squeak against the ceiling. My suggestion is junk it and get any other make fan

Reply to
RBM

There is a 1/2" gap between the canopy surface and the ceiling. If the gromets are removed, there would still be a small gap for rattling. Your right, it is a sucky design. What other brand would be better? I will simply bring the Hunter back to Home Depot, and tell them that it is a piece of junk and get another. M

Reply to
mstrspy

I've had good luck with Hampton Bay (Home Depot's house brand) and also Lowe's house brand (can't think of the name).

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Casablanca "Intellitouch" is IMHO the best fan you can buy, but very pricey. The joke is that they're owned by Hunter The Hampton Bay fans from HD are actually made by a variety of companies, some are fan-tastic, others are decent . Emerson also makes a pretty decent line of fans.

Reply to
RBM