Subject Author Posted Replies

how does the map get into the radio?
In a new car radio with GPS, how does the map get into the radio? Does it receive cellular data, wifi, or come already installed? What if you want to install the next year's version? My current 2005...
35
35

Fancy, fast mower
Not a Harley Davidson.

Germany's soldiers forced to use BROOMSTICK for a gun
That is what the US army had at the start of WW2. Trucks had the word TANK painted on them. Most of what was destroied at Perl Harbor was obsolete junk left over from WW 1. It was just a good thing...
2
2

black dots above rear-view mirror
The windshields generally come without dots but the installer can add them using a Sharpie and a dot spacing template.
11
11

.Homeowners now have a collective $5.8 trillion in tappable equity
There are politicians here that say this wealth should dipped into for government spending as after all the nation made it possible.
2
2

Swamp Cooler keeps shutting off
My swamp cooler shuts off and turns back on and it is squealing when it comes back on. Can someone help me figure out what the issue is.
2
2

Nothing like the smell of skunk in the morning
Of all the skunks I've encountered in my life this is the most pissed off aggressive little basterd I've ever met. The little shit came running out from under the truck stomping it's feet with it's...
6
6

Portable AC
Let us know how these work. It looks like it has enough power to turn an hand held pinwheel Dailytech365.com
3
3

Icemaker connected to water cooler
I just got a new fridge, I really want the ice maker to work, my spouse says it's not necessary.which means he's not doing it we have galvanized steel pipes and the last time I messed with the...
8
8

HOt Water Heater Pilot
I have a ~15 year old AO Smith gas water heater. The pilot needs to be manually lit. Over the years, it was not uncommomon for high local winds, via the gas exhaust pipe, to flow back down and...
3
3

Hawaii becomes 1st state to ban sunscreens deemed harmful to coral reefs
On 7/8/18 11:41 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
2
2

Tire pressure
... Hadn't realized actually were mandated; Gargle says anything sold after fall, 2007...given the penchant of most folk to pay no attention at all, probably has prevented a number of blowout...
32
32

Cavity Wall Insulation - Quality Research
we are planning to undertake a major research project into the quality of existing cavity wall insulation. This includes bonded bead, mineral wool and insulation board in cavities and is in response...

Chick-Fil-A ranked top fast-food restaurant in customer satisfaction
"BurfordTJustice" wrote in news:phlumu$18q$ And EPA approved too!
5
5

Controlling Temperature in a Weber Propae Grill
We've owned a Weber Genesis II grill for the past 7 years. This model has 3 regular burners, a sear burner, and a side burner. Within the past couple of months, using two different propane cylinders,...
7
7