black dots above rear-view mirror

I probably need a new windshield, for my 2005 Toyota Solara.
My factory windshield has a bunch of black dots over the rear-view mirror area, so it's about 50% shaded.
Do these dots have a purpose, keeping the electronic mirror cool, maybe, or making it easier for me to look in the mirror without having the sun in my eyes?
Do all replacement windows have ths same dots, or will there be ones that fit but don't have them?
I don't want to get in a situation where he comes out here to replace the window and brings only one that is dotless.
In fact, I think the biggest place in Baltimore actually does work at its shop. Probably better to go there than have him come to me, right?
P.S. I used the Permatex windshind patch but I dont' think it worked. It did work 10 years ago on a different car.
On 7/10/2018 11:25 AM, micky wrote:

The windshields generally come without dots but the installer can add them using a Sharpie and a dot spacing template.
On 7/10/2018 11:25 AM, micky wrote:

They do serve a purpose and a new glass will have them too. There is a frit band around the edge of the glass for the adhesive to stick to. The halftone pattern is a transition and actually helps in temperature distribution from the sun load. Frit is a baked on ceramic coating.

Dots or tint gradient - either will work. You don't want a non=tinted windsheild. Ask for OEM if possible
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 10 Jul 2018 23:08:52 -0400, Clare Snyder

By which I meant they come to you and you can also go to them.

I'll do that. Thanks. And thanks, Ed.
Why not pose this issue to the location where the replacement windshield will be installed??
On 7/10/2018 10:16 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Because that would make too much sense? This is Micky posting this stuff, remember? LOL!
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:30:17 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I think you nailed it.
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:37:01 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

its still more on topic compared to the political rants m
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 7:48:10 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, it's on topic, sort of, but it's one of Micky's topics that goes around and around and around in circles when her questions can usually be answered by picking up the telephone. Give her a simple, direct answer and you're met with "but, but, what if, etc." Just like this windshield question. It can be answered over the phone or by asking the installer.
On 7/11/18 9:29 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Ahah, I just assumed Micky was a guy. If in fact Micky is a girl, that does explain the nature of all the past posts ;-)
--
When there are no women playing at the roulette table, why isn't it just
called roul?

Aha.

Very interesting also. Thanks.