brokenm rear view mirror - help!

My dearest 3 year old son has broken the rear view mirror in my car. he twisted it round on itself and the ball has come out of the socket.
I have tried to push the metal ball (cast) back into the tube arm it has come out of but it wont go in no mater how hard I try. Obviously the end of the tube is slightly rounded and smaller than the ball itself so when it is in there the mirror pivots on it without coming out. When he twisted it he oviously created some leverage that yanked it form its socket.. unfortunately for me getting it back in seems to be alot trickier!
any ideas how I can do this? Nothing is really broiken as such so I dont want to pay for a new one unless I have to.. its just he ball socket joint thats come apart but wont go back together!!!
Kids!
[cc: by email]
Thomarse wrote:

You've had several replies to your original thread.
Andy Burns wrote:

but he never liked any of them :-)
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

If he put the model of car, and which mirror (and perhaps a url for photo of parts) he might get a better response.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote: