Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Broken Ankle But Covid +
It sounds like our experts are still confused. Is there any consistent, accurate way to count Covid cases? <> Public Health England's fortnightly report revealed 7,285 people had spent at least one...
2
2

A limited or absent warranty doesn't mean ssomething doesn't work.
Some in the antivaxx crowd have latched on to the disclaimers that come on mask packaging. They work backwards illogically to mistakenly conclude that if the item doesn't promise to work, that means...
10
10

yard sales.
I don't know why I would want to start this silly discussion again. Everyone knows what is for sale at the yard sales he goes to, and that doesn't change what's for sale at others. But this is...
27
27

BOOM: ?On A Scale of 1 to 10? I Would S
Hey, I still have my CueCat. When they appeared unsolicited in our shop support people noticed the USB cable was long enough to make a hangman's noose for the cat. Programmers, otoh, being programmers...
2
2

OT. Open Camera, Scan Code, Donate Now
St. Jude Hospital was asking for donations on tv. It had one of those square code gadgets on the screen. It's called a QR code. It's a Japanese invention. <> They'll have something to brag about if...
21
21

How thigns go wrong
How things go wrong. I had some food to heat in the microwave, and I used one of the black plastic trays that Nissin or Maruchan teriyaki noodles come in. I did notice that there was an 80% empty...
47
47

Merv 11 pleated air filter teardown
We were talking about air filters and I looked at mine. It was 0.3" H2O on the gauge and I decided it was time. I opened the old one up. This is the nominal 20x25x6 size for a Space Guard out it is...
10
10

Snake bite
This is comparatively on topic, Medics attempting to reach snake bite victim in Loch Raven Watershed ARM, MD?Medics are attempting to reach an individual who has been bitten by a snake in the Loch...
5
5

varithane strokes and nibs
Stripped old sewing machine twice. Hate the outcome of varithane clear oil based (can says 3 coats in one day) wondering if I can dilute it. Why does it look full of nibs wet? Can I sand again to ride...
2
2

OT 70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are now beccause people have taken ivermectin
70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are now beccause people have taken ivermectin they bought at a farm feed store. Acc. to Rachel Maddow -- she had a tape of someone saying the same thing. we...
75
75

OT. Bolt's Bad Batteries
The recall is going to be expanded. <> General Motors on Friday said it is expanding its recent recall of Chevrolet Bolt EVs to newer models of the electric car due to potential fire risks.

Looking for PVC elbow, or alternate solution
Here's a picture of where the backwash waste line from my pool reaches the street. The water discharges over the top of the curb. you can see, part of the elbow is missing, probably scalped by the...
41
41

Gas Tank
I picked up this tank at a garage sale assuming that it is a propane tank. I have never seen a tank w/a label like this, can someone tell me what it is ? It has an adapter with a quick release, so I...
5
5

Thick furnace filters?
What sort of homes are set up to accept those two inch or four inch furnace filters? I guess they have advantages, but are rather pricey. Is that something the HVAC guy asks you when you have a new...
26
26

Mystery toilet drip
This morning I heard drip, drip, drip from the toilet. It?s steady, maybe 2 per second. But I don?t see it. The toilet bowl and the toilet tank are perfectly calm, not a single ripple. Yes...
13
13