OT 70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are now beccause people have taken ivermectin

70% of poison control calls in Mississippi are now beccause people have taken ivermectin they bought at a farm feed store. Acc. to Rachel Maddow -- she had a tape of someone saying the same thing.

Do we have any posters here from Mississippi?

Reply to
micky

No surprise there. Plenty of stupid people and plenty of crazy people, mostly anti-vax Republicans spreading FUD and BS. They are killing people.

Reply to
trader_4

There seem to be a few but as usual Madcow's 70% does not seem to be backed up with facts. I suppose part of the problem is they simply OD on the stuff. You can't extrapolate dog doses of much of anything to humans and the ivermectin at the feed store is formulated for horses, not dogs. You really need to watch the dose there.

Reply to
gfretwell

I currently live in Mississippi, but I don't speak for the idiots down here.

I haven't heard anything about people actually taking ivermectin (or hydroxy). The local news has been busy reporting that the number of available ICU beds is a steadily growing negative number, meaning they have people lying around while they wait for someone in the ICU to die and free up a bed. Apparently, the neighboring states of Alabama and Louisiana are in the same boat. Critical cases are being flown to Tennessee, probably Memphis. That plan doesn't seem like it will scale well.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Lots of online news reports ..

John T.

Reply to
hubops

That's not it. I wanted to know if you'd get me some. I don't want to ask at the farm stores here. Someone might recognize me.

Although I should add that at least one of the articles said that ivermectin was approved for both animals and people and the version for animals is more concentrated than for people. I wonder if the people taking it don't realize this, or what.

Has school started yet? I heard the governor of Misssippi on C-span radio iirc saying no mask mandate, but that was a week ago. Things could have changed.

When I was in public school, it always started the day after Labor day and ended before Memorial Day, afaik, everywhere in the country, but things have changed, and I know in Floriday classes started last Monday I think. And in some state there are already hundreds of kids in quarantine.

Do you have kids in school? Even if you don't, it's another way to spread this, so it gets you eventually..

Reply to
micky

The news mentioned that no actual numbers of calls to poison control was provided, but this extract might show them; "85% of the callers had mild symptoms, but one individual was instructed to seek further evaluation due to the amount of ivermectin reportedly ingested"

So if that one caller represented 15% of the callers, that's 7 total callers about ivermectin and that would mean 10 total callers about posion, "At least 70% of the recent calls". Doesnt' say how recent, but aiui except maybe unless there is some nationwide number, and probably not even there, there is no full-time person taking poison calls. It's just an extension in some hospital where they are doing other things too, and assuming people are prudent, there shouldn't be many calls to poison centers.

I once called the poison control center in NYC, after a neighbor girl came looking for help after she drank some bleach. Bleach wasn't listed in my two poison booklets, which I kept in the medicine chest, nor was it listed in the list of the woman who answered the phone. I pressed her and she went to find a doctor. He told her it was okay (unless I'm guessing someone drank a lot.)

Reply to
micky

As with any medicine one must take a dose that does the best good without any or very little harm.

Such as some drugs may cure you of one thing but have a reaction that gives you the squirts for a week.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

.. for the sheep incident ? :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 19:14:15 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

Now that's funny!

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 13:07:32 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

For all the readers - do you realize what fun I could have here? Have a laugh and a great day.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:03:55 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest...

Oh man, you are really down to earth here! So polite. 8-)

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:55:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca posted for all of us to digest...

Now don't get me started...

Reply to
Tekkie©

For sure. Of course ivermectin won't prevent or cure you of covid in any dose, It kills parasitic worms or one can use it as an ointment for external parasites like head lice. It doesn't kill or hurt viruses.

Reply to
micky

Please don't bring up the sheep incident. The sheep are all okay now.

Reply to
micky

For sure, especially since it takes a month to be 1 week after the second shot.

Reply to
micky

I saw a report today that said people are buying the horse-dose of ivermectin. Given the obesity rate down here, that actually seemed to be a good choice but then I hear that people are being admitted to the ER for overdoses. Maybe they should have gone for the pig-dose, instead. I know, I'm shocked, too.

Yes, school is back in session and kids are wearing masks as they get on/off the bus in my neighborhood. I asked the teenage girl from across the street if they wear the masks all day, versus just the bus ride, and she said yes, it's all day.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Physically OK. Mentally, still some scars.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I heard it was a super-spreader event < Micky's night tending the flock >

all involved tested positive for ovine-19 ! ... it's a STD sheep-transmitted-disease. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I don't have any in school. HOwever when school started this year masks were optional, but after a week the school board met and made them mandantory in classes. Seems like cases started going up and that was a special board meeting.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery