Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Not an expert but last house we rented had this....
3600 Sq Foot home, Dual systems. 3.5 ton for one side of the house, 5 ton on the other side. 5 ton unit had frequent plenum leaks. As in there seemed to be so much back pressure the tape seals and...
1
1

Honeywell thermostat
Hi, I?ve programmed the thermostat according to a schedule that suits me however when I run the device; it says wake in the PM and runs off an entire different schedule from what I set it to. I?ve...
1
1

need replacement pull chain for round A.C. ceiling vent
My house has the old round ceiling vents and the chain broke in one of the bedrooms. I need to find a replacement. Can you help me. Also, does it hurt to close some of the vents. My kitchen and living...
1
1

Lennox furnace filter
I have an old Lennox furnace with a hammock style filter. The air flows up but the filter is at the bottom. One side of the filter is blue, the other side is white. I can?t figure out whether the blue...
1
1

gas furnace Bryant 383kav high limit switch part #
Hi everyone! Need original part number for Bryant 383kav024070 gas furnace - high limit switch Just moved in, and got series of furnace problems. Some are solved , but one - code 33, I don't know how,...

Old Trane Furnace
Hello, everybody I am Gregg and I am new to your group great stuff! I have a Trane system I think it's about 28 yrs or so old, but it still wor ks, my problem is that the blower motor died; the Model...

4 year old Baxi condensing boiler
Prior posters seem to confuse combustion air with convection air heated by the pumping of hot water throughout the house - just sayin'..... Now, MY EXPERIENCE: I have a 4-year old Baxi Duo Combi...
1
1

Ac
Brand new ac 3.5 tons its runs great as soon as it shuts of its turns right back on after 2 3 minutes also new thremosta
1
1

I have a blower motor with 5 wires red yellow orange blue black.
I want to repurpose the motor but I don't know what the wires are for
2
2

Round registers w pull chain
Personally I would like to know about the question about the registers, which as far as I can tell was not addressed. You people just went straight to insulting the guy or anyone who did not insult...

Oil Tank Not Full But Whistle Sounded
Had a fuel delivery today. Got a call saying the guy could only pump like 20 gallons before the whistle went off indicating it was full. However, there is no way possible the tank is full because we...

06E compressor
The compressor comes on, nearly silent. If the compressor didn't wobble, af ter shutdown, I would not know it is even running. Before I remove the valv e covers to check the valve plates, Can someone...
2
2

Charge level issues with dehumidifier s
Question about characteristics of proper charge on a dehumidifier. I have 2 malfunctions dehumidifiers (one 2 months old, one 2 years old, both given to me with no warranty info) with basically the...

Outside AC condenser unit
Smelled wires burning inside home for 2 weeks , not located by any professional , wires going into the outside unit found melted going to the compressor , can I just replace the melted wires with # 14...
2
2

Wet blanket in oil fired boiler r& r
When removing the old blanket etc., I found the part on the front and back seemed to have been held on by some kind of silicon. What kind is it? Thanks