Old Trane Furnace

Hello, everybody I am Gregg and I am new to your group great stuff!
I have a Trane system I think it's about 28 yrs or so old, but it still wor ks, my problem is that the blower motor died; the Model is BLU055E93681 Gas Fired Forced Air Furnace 1 PH 60Hz; the blower motor that was in it is GE Mod. 5KCP39KG F308AS 1/3hp 60Hz 1PH 115v RPM 1075 AMPs 6.80 CAP, 10.00/370. OK, I tried locating that same motor or a close replacement for it and cam e across a Dayton PSC Motor from Grainger the specs for this Dayton is the same as the GE but the capacitor is 5 uf.
When I put everything back together and turned on the furnace the blower mo tor caught fire, look done laugh but I am by no means an HVAC tech, just ho me owner trying to be. Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong.
Thanks