need replacement pull chain for round A.C. ceiling vent

My house has the old round ceiling vents and the chain broke in one of the bedrooms. I need to find a replacement. Can you help me.

Also, does it hurt to close some of the vents. My kitchen and living room are next to each other without a wall in between. There are 2 vents in both rooms and it gets too hot. Would it hurt to close off two of the vents, either the two nearest the center of the total length of the two rooms, or the close the vents on the far end of the each room. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Gay Martel

Reply to
GAY MARTEL

GAY MARTEL posted for all of us...