Removal of old whole house attic fan

I have acquired a 60 year old house which has a whole house attic fan which I want to remove. The house now has central heat and air conditioning. I have allergies to pollen, etc. The heat escapes through the fan in the winter and the louvers are unsightly. I want it gone and to have sheetrock covering the opening in the hallway, and have insulation put in place of the fan in the attic. How do I go about doing all that? Would it be possible to just remove the louvers, replace it with drywall, and fill the fan full of loose insulation? Or does the fan have to come out to replace the ceiling with drywall? I have already tied off the the electrical switch so no accidents will happen that way.

Reply to
Joy

First, we are going to need to see some pics of your t*ts...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

If you have to ask, you probably should hire someone to do this task for you.

Depends on whether you want to "do-it-right" or "get-r-done".

Reply to
<kjpro

(mind reader) :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Call Da Cable Guy, He can help you.

Reply to
Da Cable Guy

If it were my decision I&#39;d remove the louvers, slap up the sheet rock, and fill up the fan & housing with insulation and be done with it.

You do need to do more with the electrical though. disconnect the wiring and wire nut then tape the leads.

Reply to
gofish

An attic question, ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY, we have an expert on hand for attic questions.

Mark, care to help this guy? You should be able to answer this question! He he he!!!!

Reply to
Geoman