White sheathed wires destination?

I have a brown sheath and a white sheath, each containing two copper wires (red & white). The pair in the white sheathing are not connected to anythin g and slipped right out of the AC unit housing. What are these two wires fo r? The condenser and fan do nothing when attempting to power on the unit.

Reply to
psytrox

I think I've determined those two wires are for the power saver, which appears to be mounted to the house, but those wires are just loose, not even capped. Is there a way to hook them up, or are they not connected because a component/wire is missing?

I also found the start capacitor leaking oil, so that is going to be replaced shortly. I am thinking about replacing the currently installed start capacitor:

AeroVox MALLORY MADE IN U.S.A.

145-175MFD 330VAC 44A9301 20-03876 677-8807-05

WITH:

Airstar Supply 145-175 MFD 330V Electric Motor Start Capacitor

This replacement does not have a bleeder resistor; so I plan to buy a properly rated resistor and solder it to the contacts myself.

Are there any issues with this plan?

Thanks for any assistance!

Reply to
psytrox