Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

Luckily this situation would have the pressure washer at the bottom of the ravine a few hundred fee down the hill, which is a good hundred feet or so vertically BELOW the hose bib at the house.

Reply to
Danny D.

It still might work, depending on the pressure at the bib. 100' is about 40PSI, so you should have something left at the top. It is iffy, though. The most important thing is to make sure there is enough volume that the washer doesn't dry up or overheat. I don't think that takes much water.

Reply to
krw

Move it empty if it's too hard when it's full. I always put mine away empty, for many reasons. That's one.

Any decent hose shouln't kink, unless you force it to. Don't twist it!

Reply to
krw

You can figure the pressure from elevation at .434 PSI per foot of elevation, or 2.2 feet per PSI.

Sounds like the elevation will make up for the friction loss in the hose.

.

Luckily this situation would have the pressure washer at the bottom of the ravine a few hundred fee down the hill, which is a good hundred feet or so vertically BELOW the hose bib at the house.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon