Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Predominantly black specs that bite, on floors, bed, couch, fridge, tables, basically everywhere. Just moved in this year. I can't live like this anymore!!
As u can see in the subject field, I wanted to write so much more. My family thinks I?m seeing things. Even though I had at least 100 containers with this foreign material inside as evidence. I have...
4
4

How to Remove Red Spots from Bathroom Walls (2023 Update)
(Use bleach and any detergent to clean). lmao ive read all of these answers and it made me giggle even though it shouldn't have. the reason most of these spots have popped up in the bathroom...
1
1

Black residue that looks like groung pepper (2023 Update)
Hi there. I recently have had ongoing problem with black residue on kitchen countertops that resembles ground pepper
1
1

What is the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors and carpet? (2023 Update)
Our very old and faithful Dyson vacuum sadly gave in and stopped working after about 25 years. Our local vacuum cleaner shop would not even look at it. It's time to move on and find a replacement. We...
1
1

The Story of Lightning Cleaning Products & Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner
Lightning Orange Pumice is so versatile it can also be used as a great hard surface cleaner in toilets, laundries, hand basins and taps to remove hard to eliminate staining marks and water level...

Orange Glo power paste (2023 Update)
Loved the old product...just not on everything. Dawn Platinum foam will clean as well. The packaging on the Orange Glo was a problem. Plastic container that evidently reacted to the cleaner and the...
3
3

little black dots (2024 Update)
Same here. Mine seem to be around sink area, bathroom, etc. I have wood floors, who knows. Spingtail, silverfish or earwigs are possible...Or fleas. As far as fleas, I did not have a pet last year....
3
3

New Harry making loud squeaky noise
The new Numatic Harry it?s Hairobrush is randomly making loud squeaking noise. I cleared the inside but the noise still happens. Any experience please? Thanks. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/cp
1
1

Cleaning pillow that had sweat stains on it white again
I have a pillow that is now starting to turn tan with my sons sweat from been line that from the beginning.I have all these stain removers.I just want to wash it once and and be white again.just like...
1
1

Silver Crest Window Vac (2023 Update)
Have lost the battery charger for above, can anyone help?
1
1

Rodent Poison Bars (2023 Update)
Does anyone know the name of the rodent poison that looks like a granola bar with seeds and nuts in it? Not One Bite. That stuff seems to make them go crazy with pain and come into the middle of the...
1
1

Re: Tip for cleaning bathtub (2023 Update)
Thanks so much! Your solution really worked for me, when I used it to get out a clothing dye stain in our fiber glass bathtub. I used the Cascade & some Oxi Clean powder and let it soak for about 1...

What's Best Material for Carpet Runner, Wheelchair User
Hi, I need to replace a 27" x 10' runner in my apartment as my old one is shot. It held together pretty well considering I paid only a few dollars a foot at Home Depot yrs ago. I use a heavy power...
2
2

Mop drying rack or device?
Is there a device for quick drying of a mop? I mean a traditional mop with rope-like strands, head not remove-able. I seem to have irradicated some snow fleas by caulking up edges of a sink and...
1
1

How To Remove The Sticky Gunk Left by Gel Decals (2023 Update)
A $1.99 bottle of acetone will do the trick or nail polish remover with acetone.
1
1