Cleaning glass pot lid of grease

I like to saute veggies in oil and do a quick steam with a little water, covered pot. The glass lids I have used always seem to get oil residue in the crack between the metal rim and the glass. When I wash the lid, there are only swirlies all over the lid. I have tried soaking the lid in soapy water, but that didn't work either. I use decent cookware: Calphalon and Cuisinart. Any advice?

Reply to
Neato

replying to Neato, Jen wrote: You can dipping the lid in warm water with soap for sometime. That might help you get rid of the oil.

Reply to
Jen