Sawstop delivered!

Page 5 of 7

Seriously, Paul, my problem with them is that it seems to be all show and no deliver, _and_, while it's still not a real product, they are trying to have the government force it on everyone. It'd be different if it was a real product with a proven track record.

Ah, but all of those (a) exist, and (b) work.
Dave Hinz

I am having a hard time understanding how you can say any of this. The product is being delivered. You simply have to wait in line. The 50 anniversary Corvette had a waiting list and the vehicle has been in production for 50 years.
It'd be different if it was

You know, nothing has a proben track record before it has been used by the public. If you simply give it time, it will be there.

So have you not seen the site with the saw in the new owners garage? Or the article on the one that FWW wrote about. The saw has to exist for these things to happen.
In typed:

Sawstop is being delivered. May I suggest that if you don't like the way sawstop has entered the market, then you don't buy it. Sir, you have absolutely lost touch with reality. Are you taking medication?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

I couldn't if I wanted to, ted. Unless the page changed since thursday.

Show me where I can buy the thing, Ted. Some random guy with a blog who got one, doesn't mean that production units are shipping.
In typed:

You must be a bit slow or something. Do you think only one unit shipped?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Do you have any evidence that they've shipped *more* than one?
Given the company's track record so far, it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to suppose that the one unit we've seen evidence of so far is a prototype, shipped in order to appear to be in actual production so as to keep their venture capitalists from turning off the flow of money just yet.
Doug Miller wrote:

I would hope that the venture capitalists were scrutinizing a bit more diligently than _that_.

--
--John

Remember the whole dot-bomb thing a few years ago? Venture cap isn't always all that careful.

Well, they used to be before Al Gore got the world all excited with that new invention of his. I suspect they are once again after that dot-bomb scam.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

To be fair, Gore only said "I took the initiative in creating the Internet", not that he said he "invented" it. I'm told by apologists that this differs somehow.

new
scam.
Internet",
Oh. I stand corrected. I guess.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
In wrote:

<snip Bullsh**>
Why don't you do the research and find out for yourself?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Why don't you answer the question? *Do* you have evidence that they've shipped more than one? Do you have independent evidence that they've shipped anything other than a prototype?

What part of "show me" aren't you comprehending here, sparky?
Dave Hinz wrote:

Ok, point taken. I guess I might just me more cynical then most; I consider what they have tried to do w.r.t. legislation to be "par for the course" for companies and what I might even try to do if I was very strongly profit motivated. Or perhaps even believed in my product to an extreme. However, companies try stupid shit all the time; you can't ask a tiger to change his stripes. If, however, your legistlators are willing to make a patented, single-sourced solution a requirement without price controls, it might be time to vote for someone else. Actually, if the invention was considered vital to public safety, the patent could be removed...
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:40:14 -0500, Paul Kierstead

Now *that* would probably really get the SS guys panties in a bunch. Talk about winning the battle and losing the war...
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:55:19 -0500, Paul Kierstead
......and in reply I say!:

If it were that simple, I agree. But before they had it to market, they were trying to get it in by law. They also seem to have had it on the _market_ (asking for forward payment), but not "on the shelves". That is not the same as being slow to market it.

Many people _did_ froth about all of those things. 40% or some such figure of people in the rural areas of Oz who die in accidents are not wearing seatbelts. Whether this indicates the true power of seatbelts, or the fact that the the people who do not wear seatbelts are also far more likely to speed/drink/be silly is in question, of course.
I think the problem is that the seatbelts, and now even ABS do not significantly (+5%) add to the cost of the vehicle. I do not believe that a Sawstop can be _fitted_ to a TS for the $50-100 dollars claimed. I could be wrong. Also, the vehicle makers put them in very expensive cars, for many years, before they attempted to foist them on the public by law. I see Sawstop have done just that.

Get
Considering in a prior post you mentioned having a second accident - yes I'm ignorant of the fact that someone could be dumb enough to make the same mistake twice. You'd BETTER get the SawStop - sounds like YOU need it, lefty. Better still - wanna sell your table saw?
You missed the point completely, as you have with several of your posts. Let's just let it go and say that you really,really like the SawStop and I find it a non essential add-on. Plus I do NOT like the attitude of the company or it's representatives.
Sheesh!

No, I did not say I had a second accident. I stated that I made the same mistake again. No harm done.
- yes I'm ignorant of the fact that someone could be dumb enough to make the same

You bet I will sell it. It is yours for $2800. U.S It is a 4 year old Jet cabinet saw, I'll throw in the WWII blade, mobile base and 15 roller outfeed table.

What point exactly? I am simply not judging a book by its cover or playing pile on the under dog.

That would be your assumption. I really have no reason to like the SawStop nor any reason not to like it as I have no hands on experience with it and neither do you I suspect. But I will not damn the product because of the way it is brought to market. The company is absolutely working within its rights.
and I

Plus I do NOT like the attitude of the

No kidding....

Can this thread just die? I'm kind of new here but this has gone on for way to long. There are two camps one that wants to idiot proof something that has never been idiot proofed before and the other that thinks that it doesn't need to be idiot proofed (I'm in that group). It seems to be like arguing religion with someone of a different faith, neither will win!
Just my $.02 worth..