Yodel, delivered by postie

I have just had a parcel clearly marked up Yodel (Yodel marked and bagged) parcel, delivered by our Royal Mail postie. How come RM are delivering for Yodel?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

And why not. RM do the final delivery of other postal services like Whistle and UK mail as well as all the junk mail.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I think several (e.g whistl and others I can't remember) will take outbound mail, group it into destination "batches" and then hand it over to RM for actual delivery, I think it was intended to be able to operate the other way around to, but ISTR whistl pulled out of the leg-work part?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is it just my area, or has 2nd class post (e.g. for small jiffy bag sized stuff from UK ebay sellers) turned into 3rd class post since christmas?

Last year 2nd class was almost as good as 1st class, sometimes arriving next day, sometimes a day after, now I've had several items miss their

2-3 day target, one purchased on the 15th was estimated to arrive by the 20th and still isn't here, China seems to manage faster on occasion ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. in my area I have noticed that a lot of small goods sent second class have taken 3 to 5 days longer to arrive than before Christmas. I'm coming to the belief that some week days we don't get any delivery at all. The times of delivery of any time between 10am and 3pm may suggest a shortage of staff and some rounds are relegated to someone doing a second round in "overtime".

I can understand that bad weather and snow delaying delivery but recently items I ordered before the snow, and had posting confirmation, arrived 6 days after the goods I ordered 2 days after the snow had thawed in most parts of the country.

This is not delayed delivery of one or two items but of dozens. Sods law says the items I most want are the ones delayed the longest.

Reply to
alan_m

Andy Burns pretended :

OK, I just wondered with Yodel vans running around here.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Maybe the postie is moonlighting :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My postie does not yodel or even blow a whistle.

Reply to
FMurtz

I guess its down to metrics and targets. Once they miss the delivery window there is no longer any incentive to deliver the parcel, and so 3 days might as well become 5 or even longer.

Also in outlying places, I've often thought if they have a large proportion of the 10% allowed not to be 'on time'?

Reply to
Fredxx

The time to start worrying is when a heard of goats arrives and a bloke with a cook delivers your package while the goats heat your plants and all the cardboard in your recycle bin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I had an Amazon delivery made by RM a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

After that item was "lost" and the replacement sent for it was also "lost" I got a refund from the UK eBay seller.

I bought the same thing via Amazon, it took 6 days to get from China to the UK, a further 6 days to reach Leicester where tracking ceased, and another 20 days to be delivered the final few miles, with Royal Mail's systems denying any knowledge of the package, and Amazon's tracking saying

"Your package was probably delivered, as we expected it to arrive by now"

Reply to
Andy Burns