cfls again what are you guys smoking?

Page 3 of 3
On 1/9/2016 12:17 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Picked up the Feit's last night. 60w Led for 11.99 or 11.79. 1st bulb acts like a flourescent and blinks on like the starter type. Second bulb is a dud, third is nice.
Not very good, 6 bulbs and the first 2 were not right. I'll light the remaining 3 tonight probably, so I can call Feit. These are supposed to be warm white, but they are pretty white/blue.
I put the one that works in my swing arm over my metal lathe. It's way brighter than the 75w equiv cfl that was in there. So that was a pleasant surprise.
that a 60w equiv beats a 75w equiv. That 75w equiv cfl never seemed to be what it should have been.
--
Jeff

On 1/14/2016 7:18 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Thank you for reinforcing that I made the right decision to buy Osram for a couple of bucks more.

light. You should see our bathrooms with 3 of that size over the mirror plus 2 cfl in the ceiling fan.

Might want to hold off till these incandescents become available:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12093545/Return-of-incandescent-light-bulbs-as-MIT-makes-them-more-efficient-than-LEDs.html
http://news.mit.edu/2016/nanophotonic-incandescent-light-bulbs-0111
On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 03:00:39 +0000, Spalted Walt

Sams and Wallmart have them also. They tend to stay out of each region unless it is a large metro areas.
I had a long term Cosco card and dropped it. They were 200+ miles away. I liked Cosco better than Sams. Hope you get a full size store and not a small one.