wow you guys are quiet

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

Reply to
woodchucker

HF is an hour's drive away from me, and besides--I'm all clamped out. Now if they still had the better turning set like they used to, I would get another one. They make good starting points for design your own scrapers.

Reply to
G. Ross

Nice! I was unaware HF sold KliKlamp type clamps. According to the pic you posted it looks like they are item number 60434 but that's not found on their web site. Are they a new item and not yet on HF's web site or were they bought years ago and have since been discontinued?

SORRY, NO ITEMS FOUND FOR ''60434''

Spalted Walt

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

Reply to
WW

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

Reply to
WW

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"? JP

Reply to
JayPique

-------------------------------- Depends on the hole.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

GW, both of our HF here in the Chicago burbs have the old set (dark purple handles) I have a couple sets that I've turned into many custom scrapers!

Dan

Reply to
djcordes

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:513fefbd$0$21104 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I like to fill mine with a special filler: 78% Element 3, 21% Element 8, and 1% other. It works great for all holes, and when you don't need it any more you can easily remove it to fill the hole with something else.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I couldn't find a "geared ratchet clamp" on the HF site. Perhaps if you provided an item number...?

Reply to
HeyBub

Are you suggesting that the holes be filled with the sick, dying or dead?

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

We are making sawdust.

Reply to
RonB

yep that the number. And I saw them about 3 or 4 months ago and did not find them on the web site. Went in this past Sunday and expected to pay $19.99 plus 20% off coupon, but it was on sale plus the 20% and it wound up

8.38... so I sent the wife in... Going to get more. I ground off the nubs on the pad. These are great clamps for that price, or even more.
Reply to
woodchucker

it is item # 60434 like spalted walt said.. it's not on the site.. and that makes it impossible to track for sales.

Reply to
woodchucker

Surely he can't go wrong with epoxy and micro-baloons, right Lew? :)

Reply to
Larry W

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"? JP

-------------------------------- Lew Hodgett wrote:

Depends on the hole.

Lew

Surely he can't go wrong with epoxy and micro-baloons, right Lew?

------------------------------------- Don't think I'd go quite that far.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Called 3 different HF in my area, 1 store had 2 in stock, the rest were out and didn't expect to get any in - since the 60434 clamp is a "clearance item". I grabbed the remaining 2 although 1 was missing the rubber pad. I'll epoxy a pad that I bought a couple of years ago:

Every bit as strong as the Bessey, if not stronger...

Spalted Walt