Subject Author Posted Replies

New Closet Project
I have finally finalized my plans to revamp our master closet. As most know the builder closets are typically close hanger rods cris crossing every where and you end up not having as much space to...
1
1

Final kiln question
The kiln is built and running. 2x2x8 with fan on one end and dehumidifier o n the other. No heat source installed as of yet but I have a heat lamp and a temperature control unit ready to deploy. I...

Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?
My old tape measure is just about done. I thought I'd get a Milwaukee since I like things they make, but the reviews are not that good. What is the best 16-foot tape measure? Thanks.
96
96

OT: Who Can Figure Out Where I Am Today?
Let's play Where's Waldo...err...I mean...DerbyDad. I'm staying at an Airbnb for a graduation ceremony/family reunion. Here is the view from the kitchen table: Where am I?
11
11

One more kiln question
Kiln will be 2x2x8. Can a heat lamp or lamps raise the temp sufficiently t o abet drying? Ideally, I would like to get it to 135 F to kill any critte rs. I plan on starting low ? 85 F or so to avoid...
2
2

Chestnut Update
Of the 10 trees planted, 8 are doing well, sprouting leaves, looking health y. The two doing poorly (or may be dead) were among 5 that were trampled by cows. We had replanted the cow-affected ones....
13
13

Building a kiln
No luck finding a local kiln so I have decided to build a dehumidifier kiln that will reside in my basement shop. In essence, it will be a 2x2x8 box o f 1/2 inch osb board with a fan on one end and...
4
4

Opinions
From this ad, what's your opinion of this guy and his woodwork? I'm thinking he's a young guy and maybe his woodwork could use a bit of assistance. Look at the second pic... his edges don't seem clean...
5
5

Drying walnut slabs
ow long can i expect it to take to get,to 10% or so if I stick stack them o utdoors? I am going to see if there is a local kiln service, but I suspect they may want more than the $1.50/bf I paid for...
13
13

Ping Brian at Garage Woodworks
Your YouTube vid on squaring my new table saw sled was terrific. The four square method was a PITA but the dial indicator method you showed worked perfectly. Thanks!
1
1

Ya get what ya pay for
A couple of years ago I bought a box of about 100 drill bits in various siz es for a few bucks. The box was branded ?Skil.? I almost exclusively use my Dewalt brand brad point bits but I needed to...
11
11

Review: General 15-250 Dual Drum Sander, 24" (long post)
FIFY
13
13

Resin epoxy pour
I have poured a 2ft. by 8 ft bar top that had been sanded smooth. Seal coa t done and first pour done with a few imperfections. No bubbles just not 1 00%smooth on sides and ends. I did second coat and...
1
1

Finger joint/box joint jig
If you're looking to make finger joints on your table saw, I highly recomme nd this jig. I know there are many out there, but this one anticipates a lo t of issues and makes the job easy. One thing: I...
3
3

Cutting a curve with router and trammel
A while back I asked for advice here about routing with a trammel setup. I finally got around to doing it and I'm pleased to say it worked out very sm oothly. My goal was an arc that was 35" wide and...
17
17