Subject Author Posted Replies

Old age joke
An elderly couple made a deal that whoever died first would come back and inform the other if there is sex after death. Their biggest fear was that there was no "after life" at all. After a long life...
1
1

Finish For Cedar - Outdoor Furniture.
If you were wondering what $1200 of clear Cedar looks likes, here you go. 20 @ 2 x4 x 8, 7 @ 1 x 4 x 10. you are wondering what I'm going to do with it, here you go... you are wondering how I plan to...
37
37

Boiled Linseed Oil - "What Does Slow To Dissolve" Mean?
Home Depot carries Klean-Strip Boiled Linseed Oil. Lowe's carries Jasco Slow to Dissolve Boiled Linseed Oil. Please see the subject line. ;-)
5
5

Router Table Video
Ok, a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth one hundred thousands words. A few weeks ago we were discussing a miter gauge used in the slot on a router table to push and mill the end of a...
7
7

Harvey Table Saw
A friend of mine is using it. The blades have stopped spinning. What can we do about it? Thank you for your help in advance.
9
9

Anyone know if Tashiros Hardware (of Seattle) is still open?
Went looking for replacement Japanese saw blades. My usual "go to" place was Hardwick's in the U-District, but they've moved to Idaho. Fall back option was Tashiros in SoDo (South Of the DOme) but,...

90° Hold Downs For Table Top
TIt's time to put your thinking caps on. I need to attach this coffee table top to the base, but I want to use some type of hold-down latches instead of the screwed-on angle brackets that were used...
12
12

Router tables
Sooooooo about 22 years ago I bought a Bench Dog cabinet, and Pro fence. Then added 2 drawers to the cabinet. 3 years later I hung a Triton router under the top and that has been adequate..... .... I...
14
14

another What is it ?
Now this one looks more like a shoe-horn ! :-) but what is it really ? John T. https://jantziauctions.hibid.com/lot/125738321/antique-tool/?cpage=3&ipp=100...
8
8

Ryobi ts1551 blade arbor screw and washer
I lost my left hand thread blade bolt. It's discontinued by ryobi. Anyone know where I can buy one. Saw is useless now
6
6

OT what is it ?
Another Thrift Store mystery item. Brass with bakalite-y handle Inscribed in small olde serif-y font is the likely manufacturer - ? hernstein My 90 minutes of googling only turned up one possible...
15
15

Dust ports - why is there no standard diameter
Why is there no standard for standard 4" dust ports? I measured them on all my tools and they ranged from 3-3/4" to 4". They aren't even standard within the same manufacturer and, unbelievably, on the...
35
35

They don't use my cutting board
Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for good friends. Mine is used on a regular basis and still...
19
19

bent auger bit (2023 Update)
I have been finally getting to various project. Discovered today that the very neat double spiral 7/16 auger bit is ... bent. I'm not sure how much out of round, but if I roll the twist, the tang at...
5
5

Where to find a router bit
I made this router dado jig for an upcoming project. It's my third iteration of this jig and hopefully my last. (The first, made ten years ago, was crude but reasonably effective, the second was...
26
26