Smart meter?

You don't have to give sensible answers to these questions.

I don't think you should.

Reply to
dennis

That is quite evident from many of your answers here...

Reply to
polygonum

The problem is that you have to remember what answer you gave, or just write down all of the information.

Reply to
alan

On Friday 05 July 2013 22:43 alan wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Worse is these answers tend to live and be valid for all time, which meakes them a perpetual point of weakness, effectively nullifying any password policy that requires (say) annual changes.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I've got the time written on this bit of paper - neddie

Reply to
charles

Saw this -

- and many similar, in Delhi last December. It's pretty 'normal'.

Why would the presence of PV make any difference?

The meter they were fitting couldn't cope with exporting power.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Santander do...

I can't remember any teachers, hate all boy bands, don't have a pet, don't have a favourite colour etc.....

I sometimes do this (and fail to remember the answer).

The funniest one I found was "What is your favourite colour?". I just typed "red" and was told my answer was too short ;-)

BTDT

Reply to
Mark

IMHO it doesn't matter whether you are forced to chance passwords regularly (don't get started with that debate ;-). At least you can change passwords if they are compomised. But then passwords are a very poor method of authentication ......

Reply to
Mark

On Monday 08 July 2013 09:12 Mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes, I agree.

However they only require a Mk 1 set of fingers as equipment.

As soon as you get to any other system, you are in with myriad gizmos generating pseudo random numbers, challenge-response "calculators" and so on. People will so get fed up with carrying half a dozen of those around.

Biometrics are a s**te idea - if those get compromised, you are stuffed.

Reply to
Tim Watts

My parents have a house in France and the system there is that you pay different standing charges depending upon what maximum load you want to be able to use. The charges climb quite rapidly if you want to contract for a larger load capacity. The incomer passes through a breaker set for your contracted load - too much and everything trips off and has to be manually reset.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I have accounts with Natwest, RBS, Virgin One (they use RBS) and LLoyds. They all allow you to set your own passwords and where relevant PINs.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Thanks - horrible to live with. Anyone remember Green Acres and adding the loads?

Reply to
polygonum