Subject Author Posted Replies

That's todays job cancelled
Customer offered to put his car down his drive to allow me the space to park across the front his drive way. Well he knocked the gas meter and cabinet off the wall with his car whist reversing down...
3
3

OT:EU, our friend and ally?
It would seem that if the EU had an army, they would have declared war on us. As it is, they have declared economic war. With friends like that.....
144
144

8 foot ceilings
Just an ordinary 1930s end terrace in the Midlands with standard 8 foot cei lings. We've had no plasterboard on the back room ceiling for at least a year, whi ch gave the effect of 8'7" ceilings....
11
11

Disposing of old petrol (or diesel for that matter)
As part of the ongoing clear up I have a small amount of petrol in a green can. It is old (probably from when we had a petrol lawnmower). I've just looked up the details of how to dispose of it and it...
55
55

OT Maastricht treaty, the truth.
1
1

Help me understand power banks.
I have (elsewhere) previous been recommended to buy a power bank to uses as an emergency back up for my portable devices. Which, because I have a candy bar phone with a standby time of 3 weeks, means...
39
39

I think I'm doomed with foam
When I was using a lot of foam (replacing all windows/doors) I had a decent foam gun, and kept it cleaned after each usage, no problems. Then when I started using it less frequently it started to get...
9
9

Kinetico water softener 2020c
Does anyone have one of these? I have one but need to change the regenerati on disk from a 5 to a higher number as the water here is very very hard and the softener isn?t getting enough limescale out....
3
3

Miracles do happen.
After 18 months of nightmare phone trouble, Open Reach finally dug up the pavement and remade the 70 year old joint for my line. Turns out that digging up the pavement for other services at least 8...
1
1

Got myself in a hole...
Hi All, I was fitting a low profile shower try which requires it to be stuck to the floor with silicone. The floor is 3/4 ply so I cut an over sized hole in it to enable the trap to fit through and...
12
12

(some) touch screen annoyances
What causes the situation where a touch screen device (in this case the POS on board computer in my Citroen) clearly recognises a touch, as the icon flashes, but then decides to ignore it ? With the...

Fire Alarms Advice please
Advice please - I need to wire in fire alarms, large house. This time i'm not going to go for the cheapest on ebay, as we have open fir es, burners, and drunk guests who like candles. But screwfix...
7
7

Break down caustic soda once set
*I poured biiling water . Left for 5 minutes then blasted it with my titan wet/dry vacuum. It worked first time * amazing vacuum it works for lots of stuff and has the reverse button to blow
12
12

Video doorbells?
Anyone got one? Any advice?
7
7

Don't touch that knee
This letter to the Daily Telegraph puts the current sex abuse allegations into perspective...
115
115