Video doorbells?

Anyone got one? Any advice?

Reply to
newshound

watch techmoan then decide .... how shit they are

Reply to
Andy Burns

Why would you want one, for years we have just had a bell. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Avoid Ring. Just look at the reviews on Amazon. Son has one, it's crap.

Reply to
Capitol

You had a bell? That's posh. All we had was a bloodstain on the door where the local bill collector banged on it while we all hid behind the settee.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Been looking at the wired version of these for over a year. Prices are too high for 9 inch ones with 15V supplies. Many of the 7" ones have poor resolution. The cameras generally are narrow angle and IR lit. You really need 110 degrees and white LEDS. To get more than 4 monitors, you need to amplify and split the viedo. You need 15V supplies to keep the units compatible with wireless door opening and unlocking.

Reply to
Capitol

Jeez, just get a Raspberry Pi and a camera for it, and connect it to your home wireless network.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Thanks for the warning. Some review sites seem to like them. Havn't researched Amazon thoroughly yet.

Reply to
newshound