(some) touch screen annoyances

What causes the situation where a touch screen device (in this case the POS on board computer in my Citroen) clearly recognises a touch, as the icon flashes, but then decides to ignore it ? With the upshot you have to keep looking at the screen to make sure it's "heard" you.

There's an option on my car to chose a preset speed for the speed limiter from a menu ... one click on the steering, and a touchscreen press on the screen. I press the screen. The icon flashes, and the speed limit .... doesn't change. Another press is required.

(I also noticed my Garmin sat nav did this too ... it would clearly register the touch, but then not act on it).

Meanwhile, I've never noticed this on my mobile.

Am I alone ? And what's happening ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk