Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Android group reader
Hi all I usually use this group on my phone using the Google group website. I am a ware of some posting deficiencies using this (e.g. responding to specific p osts and inline etc) so was wondering if...
1
1

PANASONIC COMPATIBILITY
I have an ancient Panasonic KX-TA624 wired as three into 8... It used to work with a master digital phone, but thats gone AWOL. So I bought a job lot of KX-T7750s and a KX-T7730 ... But they don't...
58
58

One for those with a chemical bent.
I DIY.ed my first batch of Castile soap, (1.5 litres) but I used an old Bamix blender not thinking ahead. The Bamix blender stalk is made of aluminium, the soap is made of olive oil and sodium...
13
13

OT MH 370 is it, is it not?
Googleearth 9°09'20.0"N 98°33'10.0"E A Briton suggests this might be the missing MH 370. Is it a real aircraft or a Googleearth aberration?
16
16

OT: Ironic phone call
Since when have B&Q started having A&E departments? They don't even sell beds, as far as I know ...
5
5

Issue with petrol mower
maybe the clutch cable has come off. NT
3
3

About to buy a Nissen hut
Just discovered the Nissen hut I am about to buy is covered in asbestos , if it?s not the blue type am I safe to dismantle the building if I wear reasonable thick clothing and a mask and pay someone...
32
32

A pleasant experience with B&Q plywood- TWICE!
As per title really. Normally I would not be suggesting this supplier but there is a write up of my recent findings here for those interested. Bob TheWoodHaven2...
7
7

OT: Citroen inbuilt sat nav - saving location ?
Wanted to save a location in cars inbuilt sat nav. Pressed "save location". Gave it a name. Now how on earth can I find it again. Nothing seems to contain it. Not my "personal" list nor my "contacts",...
6
6

Repair of a universal joint yoke - possible?
One of the UJT yokes on our Kubota tractor has failed, one of the 'arms' is broken so no longer retains the needle roller bearing. Is there any sane way of repairing this as replacements seem nearly...
21
21

OT Android Pedometer
Are there any favourites out there? Preferably free and no-ads of course!
21
21

Wheelie bin liners
Why don't they make the liner just a few inches longer, so they can touch the bottom and leave some over lap at the top? I modified ours, with a cord around the top edge lip of the bin, using a spring...
31
31

Kettling boiler
Our CH boiler sometimes (say once a week on average) starts kettling when it turns on in the morning. While it's doing this, the radiators aren't getting warm and the 'output' pipe from the boiler...
7
7

Back to the extract fan and humidity
The extract fan with a humidity sensor, I mentioned in an earlier thread and the logic of its operation. It has a PIR, which normally triggers the fan into running, but... Should it also begin to run...
3
3

Converting cordless to corded
Hi All I have a Graco paint sprayer and cutting a long story short am thinking of converting it to corded. I have looked online and it seems at least for drills this seems doable how ever the ones I...
23
23