OT: Ironic phone call

Telephone from the local hospital: "In relation to your recent visit to our accident and emergency department, would you recommend it to friends and family? 1. Highly recommended, 2 Good, 3 Okay ... "

Yeah, right, a great night out. Actually, I would recommend them, so the answer was 1, but what a weird way of posing the question.

Incidentally, you too can earn an evening in A&E if you get so dehydrated that your blood pressure almost halves and you collapse. So, that was rather too easily avoidable.

Reply to
GB

I *really* hope they've got some way of filtering out calls to the bereaved ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

This may intrest you.

A complaint I made to these people earlier this year.

Hello. I would like to make a complaint regarding my visit to the Oldham B&Q site this morning.

As my complaint does not directly involve the clinical care I received, which was excellent, I don't wish to invoke the formal complaints procedure, I do however expect it to be taken seriously and be sent a considered response.

On arrival at reception I was handed a form as part of the booking-in procedure. It was noteworthy that some of the demographic questions, particularly gender sexuality and marital status were set out in a non-judgemental manner; in alphabetical order. All very commendable.

The question about religion also had the choices listed in alphabetical order and, if I recall correctly included Christianity Buddhism Hinduism Islam and Jainism There were also the obligatory options for other, and no religion.

I am Jewish, and I was offended and felt marginalised, at the omission.

I looked up Jainism and discovered it had 25,000 followers in the United Kingdom The Jewish population is over 260,000, a figure that takes no account of the large representation of Jewish people that happen to live within the catchment area of this clinic.

I look forward to your reply, If you wish to send it by post, my address is

Reply to
Graham.

Since when have B&Q started having A&E departments?

They don't even sell beds, as far as I know ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

Yes after several failed attempts to get a camera down my throat they gave up an along comes the person with a form to be g filled in. I'm blind I say, thats OK I can do it for you. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But there are many flavours of many religions, like Islam, at least two who seem not to be able to stand each other merely due to the way they elect their leaders. The form would get very very big if they included them all. Why not just have a box for your religion and leave it at that? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff