Sprint Cell Users read this

I don't have Sprint but those who do may be able to use this info: If you remember the week half the nation went black, Sprint worked with their customers and gave them great discounts and credits. Well, heres some more help for you Sprint users, I guess they negotiate with customers. I wish Verizon would. Heck, I wish Verizon would be bought out and a real phone company would take charge!

Existing Sprint Wireless customers can get some amazing deals, just by asking. Before trying this, be sure: a.. You are an existing Sprint Wireless phone customer, and your account is in good standing. b.. You are no longer in a contract (agreement term), or is near end. c.. You are willing to sign a new 1-year or 2-year contract, if they give you a good enough deal. d.. Do some research on new phones before you call them, and make a list of 1 to 4 phones you like. You may want to walk into a Sprint store or visit a Sprint kiosk at a mall, try some new phones, and ask for advice on phones from their store reps. You can also look at new phones online here. Do not buy a phone from the store. e.. And be sure you have some time to negotiate, because it may take 10-15 minutes once every few days, before you are offered a plan you like. This can only be done over the phone (not in-store). If you are locked into a service contract, you may need to wait until the contract nears expiration. Once your contract expires, they automatically transfer you to a month-to-month contract (you can cancel Sprint at any time). Of course they would prefer to put you back into a contract which is why they may be able to offer you a hot deal on service, in exchange for signing a new 1-year or 2-year contract.

How to get a better deal: 1.. Do not call when you are in a bad mood, because account reps will be unwilling to help you if you give them any attitude. Be careful about what you say, because they will make notes onto your account every time your call. 2.. Call *2 on your mobile phone, or from any phone call 800-974-2221 option 2 and dial your Sprint Wireless phone number when prompted. 3.. When the recording asks you what you want, say "cancellation of service". Hopefully that should put you directly to the "Account Services" department, formerly knows as the "Retention Department". Do not ask the rep if they are in the Account Services Department or Retention Department, because they may think you just want a good deal and have no intention of cancelling. That department is reserved for Sprint customers who are considering switching to another wireless provider, and they may give you incredible deals to keep you as a customer. If you speak with a rep and are unable or unwilling to give you a better deal, hang up and call back try again in little while. 4.. Mention to them about how you are going through your monthly bills, and you are paying too much for mobile phone service. Ask the rep if there's any new plans, or if there's anything they can do to get your monthly bills down, otherwise to provide you with information on how to cancel service. Mention that you have been a Sprint customer for x years, you have been happy with the service, but you just are paying way too much and wonder if there's any new plans available, otherwise you may consider transferring your phone number to another provider. Also mention that you need a new phone anyway, so switching providers is something you are considering. Be as kind as possible while talking to the reps, because if you are nice to them, they may be very nice to you. 5.. No matter what they say, do not tell them about a plan someone else got, and you want the same plan. They will not give you any deals if you make demands. Also when talking to the reps, be honest and tell them when you are happy with the deals they offer you, but do not commit to anything right away - you are not required to sign up for a deal in your first call - it may take 2-5 calls before you are given the best deal possible, and sometimes the deals get better with each call. 6.. Bring up just one issue at a time (do not rattle off a list), because you may sound too demanding. We recommend mentioning just one of these at a time, and see what they can offer you. After they make you an offer on each topic, then move on to the next. Some topics to discuss: a.. Daytime minutes: Ask about daytime minutes added to your plan (if you want them). Mention that you may be using your phone more frequently over the next few months, but keeping the cost down is important. See what daytime minutes & prices they offer you. b.. Nights starting at 7pm. Mention that you saw the TV commercials about Sprint plans with nights starting at 7pm, and if it would be possible to get that added to your plan. c.. Unlimited text messaging, because you sometimes send & receive text messages with friends. Even if you do not use text messaging, they may just throw it in just for asking. d.. Internet on the Phone, Wireless web, or Vision, or whatever it's called now. You like to check sports scores or look at websites or directions on your phone, and wonder if they have a plan which gives you Internet on your phone. They may throw in their Sprint Vision/EV-DO Wireless and/or Sprint Power Vision unlimited usage for free, just for asking. Or, they may offer it to you at a discounted rate. e.. Free Sprint-to-Sprint calling. Say that the a few friends of yours have Sprint, and ask if there is any way you can get free Sprint-to-Sprint calling. That means whenever you call someone else with a Sprint wireless service, it does not consume any minutes from your plan. You could tell them it would be an advantage to remain as a Sprint customer if they offered you free calling within the Sprint network. f.. Ready Link (Sprint's nationwide walkie-talkie service), if you have a need for it. Sometimes they can throw in Ready Link for free, or at least give you a discounted rate. Ask for Ready Link if you plan to get a Ready Link capable phone. g.. Only if the plans they offer you sound good, then bring up the topic of getting a new phone. You can mention the phones you were interested in, and see what offers (if any) they make to you. 7.. If the rep is unable to make any decent offers to you, simply hang up. Call back another time, and maybe the next rep you speak to will make you better offers. 8.. After you are satisfied with their offer, call back to sign up with an "Account Services Representative", reference the offer they noted into your account and say you would like to sign up for it. They will write notes your account with whatever offers you were given, and the next rep you speak to may reference your previous call. If you call too much and make too many demands, the reps may not give you good offers. If they do make good offers to you, ensure they note the conversation in your account, so you can call back and reference the deal later and maybe sign up.

Some plans we were offered in mid-July: a.. 500 anytime minutes, free Sprint-to-Sprint calling, nights starting at

7pm, unlimited text messaging, 2 year agreement, all for $30 per month, plus a new Samsung A920 phone for free. b.. 1000 anytime minutes, free Sprint-to-Sprint calling, nights starting at 7pm, unlimited text messaging, unlimited basic web and Vision (not Power Vision), 2 year agreement, all for $40 per month, plus a new LG 550 Fusic phone for $120. c.. 1000 anytime minutes, free Sprint-to-Sprint calling, nights starting at 7pm, unlimited text messaging, unlimited Power Vision with unlimited data transfer, 2 year agreement, all for $36 per month, plus a new Samsung A920 phone for $50. You may get better or worse offers than these. Again, never mention a "website" or "someone you know" got a deal and you want that deal too, because making demands rarely works when negotiating with Sprint. The only way to get a good deal is to negotiate rates and plans based on what you are looking for, and hopefully you will be offered a plan that suits your needs.

Unknown if these deals are available with Nextel, but I doubt it.

Sprint may not have the best quality wireless reception in the nation, but they do have some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with. It usually takes little effort to get better deals and service credits from Sprint. Two years ago, they gave me free minutes upon request, after I told them about a dozen dropped calls while driving on the highway. Last year, I had a month where I exceeded my daytime minutes, causing $300 in overages. I told them situations beyond my control required me use the phone more than expected, and I asked if anything they can do about the big bill, and they instantly gave me a $300 credit. And last week I signed up for one of the plans mentioned above. That is great customer service.

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
geoman

Where I live, Sprint coverage sucks, so everybody either goes with AT&T, US Cellular, or uses a Tracfone.

YMMV (by location).

Reply to
~^Johnny^~