OT Android Pedometer

Are there any favourites out there?

Preferably free and no-ads of course!

Reply to
Fredxx

I just use the Samsung one that is part of the stuff in the phone. Don't know how in/accurate it is though.

Reply to
Richard

Want me to pace it against a FitBit and tell you? (I have a Note 8) - will be doing a walk in London tomorrow.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Would be interesting. Mine is an S8. I just assume that most of these things are not that accurate, but will give an indication of an increase or decrease in movement over time. The impression is that the count is more or less consistent when I compare steps on working days.

Reply to
Richard

Didn't know it had one.

Reply to
ARW

Ok - I'll have a go tomorrow if I remember and let you know :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Galaxy S8 Samsung Health app.

Reply to
Richard

Have used it for several years now. Very accurate in general.

Both a free and a paid for (£3.99) versions.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I don't need an app to tell me that I smoke and drink too much.

Reply to
ARW

I also use the standard Samsung app in my Note 4. It closely agrees with the Fitbit.

Reply to
nothanks

I just use the step counting part of it.

Reply to
Richard

So what does the paid for one do? Or more likely not do.

Flog you energy drinks or what? I gather some people are getting hooked on these pedometers. I cannot think of anything worse than a pedometer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Trouble is that, searching online, there are all sorts of conflicting experiences regarding accuracy. Lets see if Tim remembers to do the comparison with his devices and how they relate yours.

Reply to
Richard

Really!? You lack imagination then. ;)

Reply to
Richard

I bought my wife a Fitbit but it hugely miscounted her steps unless she was on a dedicated hike. The replacement did the same, as did mine when she wore it. They all worked OK on me. Strange!

Reply to
nothanks

These aren?t gps devices. The numbers are only useful for tracking trends in an individual. My wife and I had identical fitbits but even on days when we did exactly the same walks, mine always recorded about 10% higher than hers.

They?re just for fun.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yeah, I don't seriously worry about the steps taken. I guess it's merely curiosity on my part. There are people out there who strive to do x amount of steps and all that. I simply use the data on odd occasions to validate my thinking that I did a bunch more walking at work on a particular day! Usually to counter my daughter's claim to be exercising much more than I do :)

Reply to
Richard

Maybe because you two have different step sizes.

They are better than that, but certainly not all that accurate.

Reply to
samchunk

I have just set up Samsung Health with same parameters and taken a screen shoot of fitbit so I can subtract what it already recorded today.

Nag me at 7pm on if I haven't replied with what should be 8000 or so steps today which should be a good comparison

Reply to
Tim Watts

No sure what extras are included in the Pro.

Mine is the Pro version, but it was only 10p when I got it (they had a deal).

I tried a few others, and this one was best at battery usage and accuracy. Not perfect, just like all the other similar apps/devices, but good enough for me to play with when I remember that it is there.

Reply to
JoeJoe