OT MH 370 is it, is it not?

Googleearth 9°09'20.0"N 98°33'10.0"E

A Briton suggests this might be the missing MH 370.

Is it a real aircraft or a Googleearth aberration?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It does look as if the tail is broken or bent to an odd angle, but they were supposed to have found a large item washed up on a beach somewhere. There is an odd pink colour of the foliage ahead of the aircraft nose.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's not a 777-200ER

And bits of the MH370 have been found in the southern indian ocean.

samchunk

Presume it's a real aircraft flying below the satellite, it would hardly land intact, inside a forest.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ulikely, but.... I wonder what the pink is and why the fuselage looks bent/ distorted?

They are convinced enough to try to organise an helicopter to go take a look.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It's definitely real and there are lots of them around. For instance

Google Earth

Search for Russell Square London

or this lat and long

51°31'18.04" N 0°07'32.34" W

Use the 'clock' icon to go back to the historic view from June 2010

Or just view the same google earth view here (jpg screen cap)

If you declutter labels etc you can zoom out on Google Earth to around 15km and still 'see' the aircraft giving some indication of the height of the aircraft taking the image.

P.S. The aircraft is and never was parked in the square :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

!
Reply to
Andy Burns

Chromatic aberration, indeed! I'm pleased they printed that correction.

Reply to
GB

Very likely in fact. There is no way that it could be MH370 given that even if it had landed there, it wouldn't have ended up so intact in that sort of jungle, and there would still be the track of the swath that the plane produced landing there even now.

Likely just an camera artefact given how far away it must be.

Fools abound given the known bits of MH370 found on the southern indian ocean.

Reply to
samchunk

And when you go back to the previous image with his original coords, no plane, and its still well after MH370 went missing.

Reply to
samchunk

Prolly anaircraft flying under whatever shot te picture.

Bits of MH370 have washed up.

That isnt in te sea is it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , The Other Mike scribeth thus

Theres a housing estate up at Huntingdon that has a Lancaster flying over it looks rather impressive, it was the battle of Britain one returning from a display somewhere...

Reply to
tony sayer

Schrodinger's aircraft?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Who is "they"?

Reply to
Bob Martin

You would have thought so. It is a worry though that in this day an age you can lose a large aircraft for so long considering all the sophisticated earth monitoring systems we have today looking down from space every day. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I blame the cat for distracting me and random words just appearing on the page. I can't blame it for the typing as it was sat on the keyboard connected to the NAS at the time.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Bill Bryson has an interesting example of something fairly large that went down some time ago in the Appalachian forests and has never been found. But I agree, there is more scanning these days.

Reply to
newshound