OT: Citroen inbuilt sat nav - saving location ?

Wanted to save a location in cars inbuilt sat nav. Pressed "save location". Gave it a name.

Now how on earth can I find it again. Nothing seems to contain it. Not my "personal" list nor my "contacts", nor POIs.

Onboard help file is shit too.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

My inbuilt sat nav is believed to be Garmin based badged as for VW group vehicles. I believe garmin supply for other car makers too. Equally poorly documented but to find a saved named location I have to start out to plan a new route, choosing "my destinations" rather than "new destination" and under one of the options is "saved destinations" with either an alphabetic search for the name or the option to scroll through. hth Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The one on my car - Bosch electrics - is pretty annoying to. It doesn't seem to like you naming the saved location at the time of saving. But if you don't name it, saves as the co-ordinates. If you then load that later, you can re-name it to what you want.

Only real reason I've needed to save a location is the bloody thing won't accept a full UK postcode.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I know the Citroen one does that ... but I named this bastard.

Ah, now you see that's where Citroen have one-up. You can *only* find a location by postcode.

I honestly don't know how they can charge *extra* for it (really they should pay me for enduring it), when a 15 year old TomTom had a better interface.

The only reason I have it, is I wanted the active cruise control (s'alright :/) and it was rolled into the "trim level".

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Ah - mine will take street and house number, etc. But if you're going somewhere with neither, the 4 digit postcode is rather a large area. And I often just want a sat nav for the local end I don't know. I'm told it can have a software upgrade to the full UK postcode - at some vast price - but not sure what facilities it loses when you do this.

I rather hate the untidy look of a Tom-Tom wires, etc. I did fit a 5v outlet on the old car on the top of the dash to sort that, though. But would still prefer a built in one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Strange considering we're in the EU , I bet if we weren't in the EU that sort of device (that's not compatable) would be banned for sale in the EU, but for some reason it isn't I'm betting because it's German.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Funny the way some hate EU regs. Then want more when it suits them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)