Citroen cars with integrated Google.

Citroen are advertising one of their cars on French TV claiming that it has integrated Google.

What is integrated Google and how would it be received?

Reply to
Michael Chare

maybe

Theo

Google: what is citroen integrated google

One of many hits:

Richard

Clearly I did not do a very thorough search. The first hit I get on your search takes me to

which tells me about their SPEEDCAM which gives advance warning of speed cameras. Something which I think it is illegal to have in France. :-)

Reply to
Michael Chare

Radar detectors are illegal. However, a ruling in a French Court last year seems to mean that data sharing services can warn of speed traps on motorways and national roads.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Mainly for displaying google maps (or waze) on the car's screen, but also for streaming music instead of having to download to SD cards, handy for its ability to read out texts received and optionally dictate replies. I don't need home automation or web searches while I'm driving ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That is interesting to know especially as I am just about to go to France. Thank you

Reply to
Michael Chare

Most cars these days seem to come with mobile broadband and even wifi. I see another security problem here.

I mean I have a friend with a Porsche and it has its own assistant like Google Hi Porsche or something like hat. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think that follows on from cars needing to have eCall since 2018, once a car has a 3G/4G radio inbuilt, it was always going to be used for additional features.

Mine came with three years of data subscription, now that's expired and the features it gives (such are telling you where you parked it, or being able to remotely lock/unlock, or see how much petrol you have) aren't worth paying per month to keep them.

I doubt any of them are as good as android/apple assistants.

Reply to
Andy Burns