Subject Author Posted Replies

CPS
Jim GM4DHJ ... presented the following explanation : I know absolutely nothing about the process, or the charging (£) system, but... A new small retail park opened near here, vet, pub/restaurant,...
2
2

OT More fake news.
The Chinese have allegedly landed a probe on the Dark side" of the moon and it's sending back pictures. How is this possible through thousands of miles of rock?. The far side of the moon is not dark...
29
29

Painting a roughcast house on Isle of Lewis
I'd be grateful for advice on painting the currently unpainted roughcasting (pebbledash) on the outside walls of my 40-year-old house on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland. The wind is often strong here...
1
1

UHF signal strength
Had my Antiference distribution amp blow on Xmas day (poor timing) Replaced now with a Labgear version ... Was thinking this over, I have no idea what strength signal is being received. If it is low I...
50
50

Winter frost protection - unsophisticated heating - recommendations
Having got the CH working properly again, I now have to consider frost protection over the next few months. The house will be occupied on an irregular basis. Insurance cover is good for up to 60 days...
23
23

Deals of the Day
I notice the screwfix web elves have been very busy planning future deals, so I have added the month to make it clear that you need to wait until November to buy a Karcher window vac ... <>
64
64

Wiring for a Shed
A friend has build a fairly elaborate shed - about 5m x 5m, insulated. An electrician has installed a 63A feed from the main supply, using a consumer unit and an MCB, to the shed (which is 75m from...
17
17

Just turn the temperature right down, I said...
It's probably been running more or less solid since it was installed, I said. If it was likely to pack in, it would be after a fortnight sat idle, I said. Don't turn it completely off, I said. So the...
5
5

What are these?
Any one got any idea of what these are? [img] https://trapbarn.com/pegs//img https://trapbarn.com/pegs/[/img] https://trapbarn.com/pegs/[/img]
14
14

Rawl bolt failure
I was going to say polyester resin too. Welcome back, BTW.
30
30

PINsentry.
Went to pay a 'new' bill online via bank transfer. With my bank, you need your PINsentry unit to set up a new one. Once done, it remembers it for next time. Pinsentry unit has a problem on the LCD...
59
59

Viessmann Vitodens 111-W
Anyone got any experience of a Viessmann Vitodens 111-W storage combination boiler? Do they really deliver hot water at the rate they claim? Other than the increased cost, is there any downside to...
8
8

Experiences of wood floor with Underfloor Heating
Hi all, I've recently put UFH in the newly united kitchen/dining rooms, as part of a totally new extensive project. This is water based with three pipe runs that provide good coverage of the space. On...
21
21

Smelly Urinals
Local supermarket had very smelly toilets. Noticed they have those waterless devices in the urinal drains. I also noticed there is no U Bend Trap under each urinal. How should these work to prevent a...
9
9

Gas boilers
I've been told that my electric boiler is useless during a power cut. Are Gas boiler C.H. pumps, timer and control electronics gas powered?
56
56