Just turn the temperature right down, I said...

It's probably been running more or less solid since it was installed, I said. If it was likely to pack in, it would be after a fortnight sat idle, I said. Don't turn it completely off, I said.

So the first DIY job of 2019 was pissing about with the CH boiler in the missus shop.

Reply to
R D S

Wow, man! Thanks for sharing!

Reply to
Chris

Thought it might at least prove useful to someone who's planning to go away for a short while and wondering whether to turn the boiler off or not.

But yeah, you're right.

Your contribution however, priceless.

Reply to
R D S

Idiot. Relating DIY mishaps, and similar tales of woe, has always been part and parcel of this group's traffic. It brightens up the often technical discussions, and these days counterbalances the unremitting political nonsense which exploded here after June 2016. Above all, it helps us all identify with each other.

And like RDS says: it often makes a useful point.

J.

Reply to
Another John

I just drop my stat to 10 deg when away. The cat would prefer it left warmer.

Reply to
ARW

It'll survive in its fur coat. Or quite possibly it'll find some unsuspecting mug to let it in to their warm house and possibly feed it too until your return.

Reply to
Cynic