Deals of the Day

I notice the screwfix web elves have been very busy planning future deals, so I have added the month to make it clear that you need to wait until November to buy a Karcher window vac ...

Andy Burns

I had wondered whether they were serving last year's graphics in error.

Makes it easier to plan ahead. I'd been waiting for months for a toilet seat; got one last week.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well, that's possible ... and might explain why some items for future months already show as low stock, or sold-out.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Impressed. Sphincter of steel?

Reply to
Richard

It would worry me to find that a company knows what its going to have that far ahead and that anyone will be going to forward buy something that far into the future. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On the contrary; I'd expect a company to arrange with manufacturers to have extra stock for offers well in advance, and to plan their promotions so they don't clash with other retailers' promotions for the same thing.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'd always assumed offers come about by makers having excess stock, etc. Rather than a planned event.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh well. That seals it, a planned event then.

Reply to
Richard

That clearly isn?t true of Aldi and Lidl.

Reply to
BillD

TBH you do drop on a lucky day if for example you want a jar of hand cream on that exact day ie 9th April. Obviously the Scots will be out chapping their hands from late March to get their moneys worth.

Reply to
ARW

Feb 25th looks like a bargain. If you happen to need a shower hose.

Reply to
ARW

BillD wrote on 04/01/2019 :

I think they sell what ever they can persuade their suppliers to sell to them at a big discount, on a mass sale, for a one time only sale. That often includes food as well as the non-food stuff. Several other outlets seem to use the same sale method, hence you see a food item one week in a store, then never again.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Already got one of those.

Just as well really, it would be a bit whiffy not having a shower until Feb.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That doesn?t explain the repeated sales of the same item multiple times in the year.

In fact it isn?t common to never see it again.

Reply to
BillD

It happens that BillD formulated :

They find one batch sells well, so they buy another batch. They don't always get it right and you see them reduce the prices of items left over from a sale. Aldi use red cards for these items and have most in one section.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

BillD brought next idea :

Often, when they reappear, they are a slightly different or revised model.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Aldi's buyer can be off on their own planet occasionally. Non-drying paint & wheelbarrow wheels for example. Sure, there was a small market for the decades ago. Nowadays they might even sell 100 nationwide & end up dumping the other thousands.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'd say it is with their middle isle offers.

And Lidl don't seem to do offers on their usual stocked items - unlike Tesco, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can you give an example? Where the item is identical, rather than similar?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite.

Reply to