Deals of the Day

the idea Christmas present

tim

Reply to
tim...

what on earth is that thing that I can buy on Tuesday?

tim

Reply to
tim...

I've just had to spend 2 weeks not having a shower (see earlier thread)

tim

Reply to
tim...

That's (part of) the MO of the pound shops

buy in end of line or excess stock near its end date at less than their fixed price

You won't find such offers repeated

tim

Reply to
tim...

Oh come on

surely these things are cheap enough not to have to wait for a deal

tim

Reply to
tim...

some sort of vent ...

Andy Burns

10 September might be an interesting one.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have this allergy to paying full price.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

How do you know what the full price is? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That?s what I was talking about, their middle aisle offers.

Yes they do, particularly with their dishwasher tabs.

Reply to
BillD

Only from Monday to Sunday.

Have you seen the DIY shit they sell?

Reply to
ARW

Yes. I got a heavy metal pistol shaped spray thing that snaps on a garden hose something like a year ago and liked it so much that I got another recently when it showed up again. I also get the dishwasher tabs when they show up in the centre aisle offer in larger packs regularly. I see repeats of drinking glasses and cutlery and towels etc too.

Reply to
BillD

tim... was thinking very hard :

Those places are not always the cheapest source. I notice Home Bargains have 5x full size Crunchie invidual at £1, or 29p each. Pound shop have

4x of the smaller ones for a pound.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Seen it? I've bought most of it!!

My kitchen curtains are held up on Aldi cable rods :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I've watched people load up their trolley on a Homebase 15% off day with stuff, that even after the 15% off costs more than buying the same in B&Q

tim

Reply to
tim...

Ok smartypants - answer this.

Poundland have been selling Kodak branded AA alkaline cells for years. They used to be 6 for £1 but this dropped to 5 about a year ago. But they've now started selling £2 packs containing 12, so back to the original price per cell

Now here's the question: if a guaranteed TEN YEAR life is 'near its end date', as you maintain, what do you reckon the original life was? 50 years? 100 years? More?

Also, unlike many other brands, usually considerable much more expensive, I've never had a Kodak cell leak.

Reply to
Terry Casey

what part of (part of) did you not understand?

tim

Reply to
tim...

he's scottish

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Some of it is. I've gone off their power tools with around 50% faulty when new rate.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Every time I've seen their large pack offers of dishwasher tabs they've been more cost per tab than the normal packs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr