Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing WC/washing machine drain
Just moved into a new place and getting the measure of the the jobs ;-) One thing to do is site the washing machine in the outside toilet space. This'll involve removing the old (disgusting) toilet,...
11
11

Clock repairs
I have quite a modern clockwork clock that runs for a bit, and then it stops. It probably needs a clean and lubrication. I am being quoted £150+ to take it apart and do this properly. The clock cost...
40
40

Homelite trimmer not starting
Trimmer is 4 years old and only used twice. Stored it after draining tank and running it dry. Put in fresh canned 2stroke mix but no start. Checked plug and saw a white spark. Compression checked and...

Fence spraying
I have 70m of fencing (staggered 4x1 boards) that needs a repaint. i last painted it with Wickes Fence & Shed paint …. Quite thixotropic, and strangely paint on purple, but dries dark brown. To be...
13
13

1.5V AA batteries - real voltage? Wireless thermostat.
Just checking, as the wireless thermostat has stopped talking to the control unit by the boiler. The two AA batteries test at 1.5V. The batteries are labelled as 1.5V However new batteries test at...
27
27

SOT: monitor out of range
I keep getting a message saying the monitor is out of range (when starting up PC). However, I have checked the display settings in the control panel and they are the same as the recommended settings...
9
9

Tried several searches for 5G UK coverage
....but getting circular menus, I presume there is none outside London.
16
16

Sound deadening - any material geeks/chemists here?
I want to apply sound deadening material to a pair of 3mm thick aluminium speaker cabinets. A good example of this kind of sound deadening is Piega in Switzerland. It appears they use Dinaphon M 6001,...
7
7

OT: Typical hotel power for a cruise ship
What order of magnitude is the hotel power (lighting, heating/air-conditioning, cooking, lifts etc) for a typical cruise ship? For example, one that has about 2000 guests and about 500 crew. I've just...
27
27

OT: All white wires ..
Just remembering seeing a Nimrod parked up at RAF Cosford. The wings were folded up to expose hundreds of wires all cut between the fuselage going into the wings. I was intrigued that that were all...
31
31

Weed Killer
Had a chap working in my garden last couple of days, he also replaced my fence panels. He has put some weed killer down that he says comes from Germany and cost £220 for 2 litres. Does that sound...
10
10

Where to buy 18650 batteries?
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy 18650 batteries, or a good brand? I need 3 or 4.
17
17

It makes you wonder...
There's some quality work here. The drill holders (#24) do, however, seem quite practical. <> 50 Unfortunate Construction Fails That Are Terrifying But Hilarious | Bored Panda 50 Unfortunate...
2
2

Shower hose connector
Are these connectors used for anything else too? I need a robust one
3
3

Ants !
In the last day I have seen ants in 5 different places in the house !
14
14